Steven Wilson Gentle Giant "Interview" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos Remix out in June!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not find the upcoming CD/blu-ray version in my ordinary net shops in Sweden or any other EU country. The vinyl is there and the CD, but not the CD/blu-ray version. Any one knows why?
Maybe here at fnac.fr (have no experience with them whatsoever):
https://www.fnac.com/a18175805/Gentle-Giant-Interview-Steven-Wilson-Remix-CD-albumOther than that, I would keep on searching for B0C1KSJ6C8 at Amazon sites in the EU, as it is still available from Amazon US/CA.

Burning Shed has it for preorder.
Yes, but since Brexit I prefer ordering within the EU - too much tax, customs fees etc and the delivery can take forever... The Steven Wilson book took 6 months to finally reach me. BS has the best customer service but their hands are tied when it comes to these things.

Yes, but since Brexit I prefer ordering within the EU - too much tax, customs fees etc and the delivery can take forever... The Steven Wilson book took 6 months to finally reach me. BS has the best customer service but their hands are tied when it comes to these things.
Well, Norway is not in the EU so we have to pay tax and fees wherever we order from. ;)

Brexit was big hit for all us Europeans. I still buy something from UK but maybe quarter from I used to.

Maybe one day you will lock them liars to jail who talked that rubbish to victim citizens who wanted to be "islanders".

OK, not banned in the EU (just pushed back to 7/7):
https://justforkicks.de/detail/index/sArticle/15386
If the Amazon date is correct it's June 16th for North America. That could explain why it can't be shipped right now to North America. If I buy it now from the U.K. it will likely arrive after the 16th and if Amazon has it I will likely receive it on the 16th. Not only that, it would be more expensive from the UK. So best to stick with Amazon. I can wait for this one.

If the Amazon date is correct it's June 16th for North America. That could explain why it can't be shipped right now to North America. If I buy it now from the U.K. it will likely arrive after the 16th and if Amazon has it I will likely receive it on the 16th. Not only that, it would be more expensive from the UK. So best to stick with Amazon. I can wait for this one.
I ordered mine from Amazon U.S. and it shows a release date of the 16th (as you mentioned) but they say I won’t receive it until the 20th. Always a bit puzzling what the difference is for getting or not getting releases on the actual release day which used to be almost a lock with Amazon in the past.

I ordered from LaserCD. My copy was shipped today. Probably will get it no later than Monday. Looking forward to this. Sure will be a great week, this, pineapple thief coming out 6-23 & 4 quadio discs to order on the 23rd. Splendid!

I ordered from LaserCD. My copy was shipped today. Probably will get it no later than Monday. Looking forward to this. Sure will be a great week, this, pineapple thief coming out 6-23 & 4 quadio discs to order on the 23rd. Splendid!
I checked out Burning Shed and jpc.de, and both says release date 07.07. What is right about this?

Although Interview is not highly ranked compared to all previous ones, it is one of my favorite albums.
To me all studio albums up to Interview are in my "top 8" :): I have a hard time deciding which one is the best, maybe the first album shows a bit a band in search of what it would very quickly become, but still a great first album by any standards.
I start noticing a decline in The missing piece, where (for the first time!) there are a couple of songs that don't fit in. But to me still a great album. How many bands can sustain such a high output level and consistency? Having so much to say on a "certain topic" (genre) for such a long time?
Giant for a day was unfortunately dead on arrival and in Civilian there are only a couple of songs reminiscent of what Gentle Giant once was (Inside out for instance, which Derek said showcases the direction the band intended to pursue had it been longer sustainable).

Unfortunately I will have to impatiently wait until July 7, as I guess everybody in Europe.
For those fortunate souls who get it earlier... could you check whether we will get - as in all previous GG releases - full band LFE with the bass and drums isolated?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back