DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Stephen W Tayler , awesome!
NDMtMTc5MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Orbital, The Altogether 5.1 (DD & DTS 5.1).
The SDE Optical Delusion disc got me looking for more, and lo & behold this one can be had cheap on Discogs. Wild mixes! (And trippy videos. And menus a little too creative for their own good. It was the early days of 5.1 and DVD, and everybody involved was fully committed to exploring the technology.) I'm not much of an electronic fan, but I really like these guys. There's a UK/EU version and a Japan version; I got the former, and my all-region-modded Oppo doesn't complain. Hat tip to @J. PUPSTER for hepping me to this! @sjcorne: maybe they'd be open to getting this back into print as a digital download, even if it meant sacrificing the adventurous disc navigation?
https://www.discogs.com/release/182434-Orbital-The-Altogether-51

Last edited:
Orbital, The Altogether 5.1 (DD & DTS 5.1).
The SDE Optical Delusion disc got me looking for more, and lo & behold this one can be had cheap on Discogs. Wild mixes! (And trippy videos. And menus a little too creative for their own good. It was the early days of 5.1 and DVD, and everybody involved was fully committed to exploring the technology.) I'm not much of an electronic fan, but I really like these guys. There's a UK/EU version and a Japan version; I got the former, and my all-region-modded Oppo doesn't complain. Hat tip to @J. PUPSTER for hepping me to this! @sjcorne: maybe they'd be open to getting this back into print as a digital download, even if it meant sacrificing the adventurous disc navigation?
https://www.discogs.com/release/182434-Orbital-The-Altogether-51
Intriguing indeed. Cheap enough... but the shipping costs. Ay yi yi. would love to have it, though.

A GOOD one. That voice... edit: ah...probably wrong place to post.

Attachments

• s-l300-4042173219.jpg
    s-l300-4042173219.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
So...thanks to my QQ compadres....I bought Orbital - The Altogether off Discogs from a gent in Germany. Sealed, pristine & arrived today.
I like it. I think the videos with the songs are intriguing, maybe even a little Avant - Garde for 2001? In any event a good purchase and I'm enjoying it.

One of the highlights of being a QQ member is discovering music our fellow members seek out and talk about.

ORBITAL_COVER.png

One of the highlights of being a QQ member is discovering music our fellow members seek out and talk about.
That's for sure. I have no idea what I would be listening to if not from QQ, totally opened my world. I think I would be stuck with Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Johnny Winter and San Francisco bands?

This IS a great group!! Happy Memorial Day week end to all!
Thanks, same to all my friends here on QQ
Take a moment this Monday 5-29-2023, at 3:00 PM to remember those who died in defense
of freedom the world over. Not only US soldiers, but freedom loving people everywhere have stood to defeat tyranny in the many places it has raised its ugly head.
All Gave Some, Some Gave All.
RIP my brothers.

God bless all the vets and active service people. They deserve our love and respect for putting their lives on the line.

Most of all, blessings to those who DID GIVE ALL, as well as their families.

My Son and late Dad are Navy vets. Much time spent at Great Lakes and Lovell Medical Center. Father in-law is a Marine Corps vet and retired cop.

So...thanks to my QQ compadres....I bought Orbital - The Altogether off Discogs from a gent in Germany. Sealed, pristine & arrived today.
I like it. I think the videos with the songs are intriguing, maybe even a little Avant - Garde for 2001? In any event a good purchase and I'm enjoying it.
Upon reading your post, I managed to buy a sealed copy through Amazon UK for an incredible £3.54 (including Prime delivery).... Bonkers ;)

Last edited:
Back