Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephen Stills - ST
- Old Times Good Times (w/ Jimi Hendrix on lead)
- Go Back Home (w/ Eric Clapton on lead)
STEPHEN STILLS.jpg

And to think there could be Quad tapes of this in the vaults:eek::eek::eek: - aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!
(I also thought I was a dog bastard; turns out I'm just a disappointed cat SOB)

PISSED-FELINE.jpg

sp-wildness.jpg

DTS Neural X
Love them..great "comeback" LP
quite a lot of surround stuff..
1st time I stream from my cell to the Marantz thru Bluetooth.. not bad!

EDIT: Several instant classics in here.. starting with "Life on Earth"... highly recommended .. want to see them in Denver but it's sold out.. anyone have a spare ticket?

Last edited:
topographic_LP.jpg

I gave this a spot listen in stereo back when the SW 5.1 mix came out and admittedly it didn't really grab me, so I held off picking up the surround version. But I recently found a nice used copy of the LP in a dollar bin and I couldn't resist picking it up. Honestly the cool cover art is worth more than $1.

The LP through the "surround" setting on my Tate is quite amazing. There's a moment on the first track where Jon Anderson's voice emanates solely from the right rear speaker. The layers of synth and harmony vocals often pop up in the discrete corners or swirl around the room. Considering how good this is, I can't imagine what the real surround mix is like...

Last edited:
View attachment 37839

I gave this a spot listen back when the SW 5.1 mix came out and admittedly it didn't really grab me, so I skipped it. But I recently found a nice used copy of the LP in a dollar bin and I couldn't resist picking it up. Honestly the cool cover art is worth more than $1.

The LP through the "surround" setting on my Tate is quite amazing. There's a moment on the first track where Jon Anderson's voice emanates solely from the right rear speaker. The layers of synth and harmony vocals often pop up in the discrete corners or swirl around the room. Considering how good this is, I can't imagine what the real surround mix is like...

Gosh golly - are you saying a matrix sound through a Tate or Surround Master can sound better than a Digital SW mix?

Gosh golly - are you saying a matrix sound through a Tate or Surround Master can sound better than a Digital SW mix?

Of course not! I'm just saying the LP through the Tate is really good, so the discrete 5.1 mix (which I haven't heard) must be absolutely crazy good.

View attachment 37839

I gave this a spot listen in stereo back when the SW 5.1 mix came out and admittedly it didn't really grab me, so I held off picking up the surround version. But I recently found a nice used copy of the LP in a dollar bin and I couldn't resist picking it up. Honestly the cool cover art is worth more than $1.

you got NO IDEA!!!...but you can IMAGINE (I MA GINE!!!)

Nektar ~ A Tab in the Ocean ~ Larry Fast 1976 Remix ~ Purple Pyramid 2013 double CD re-issue

Never owned this album, but remember seeing the striking cover art in the bins.
Picked it up on Discogs as the reissue CD seems to be out of print.

Wonderful sound stage on the Larry Fast wide stereo remix using DPLII Music.

1 (19).jpg

Back