Requesting Updates for the Popular Quad Discography

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please know I have maybe a dozen others to share soon; here's two:

1. Unreleased Lauro Nyro 'Beads of Sweat' should probably be 'Eli and the 13th Confession' instead as there were two different mixes on Robin reels and the subsequent SACD release a couple years ago?
2. Big Jim Sullivan - Plays O'Sullivan (not Sings)

big jim.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few more:
3. GLEN CAMPBELL - Reunion ought to be credited to Glen Campbell & Jimmy Webb
4. CHASE - Open Up Wide [SQ45] could use a Japan designation

5. DANNY DAVIS & THE NASHVILLE BRASS catalog # for Q8 inverted
ddq8.jpg

6. JOHN KEATING - both US & UK Q8s are Dolby encoded
keating.jpg

NOTE: Wondering about Space Experience also being Dolby Q8? Haven't found anything yet

7. KRIS KRISTOFFERSON - Spooky Lady's Sideshow Q8 is Dolby encoded
kris.jpg

8. THE MANHATTANS - incomplete catalog # CAQ-34450
man.jpg

9. DAVE MASON - incomplete catalog # CAQ-33096
mason.jpg

10. CURTIS MAYFIELD - catalog # repeated; Roots is L-78009
curtis.jpg

11. CHARLIE MCCOY - Nashville Hit Man Q8 prefix should be ZAQ
mcc.jpg

12. BUDDY MILES - Booger Bear Q8 prefix should be CAQ
bud.jpg

13. THE MIRACLES -Q8 prefix should be CAQ
miracles.jpg

14. JOHNNY NASH - My Merry Go Round Q8 is Dolby encoded
nash.jpg

Last edited:
15. CARLOS SANTANA & ALICE COLTRANE - Illuminations Q8 is Dolby encoded
illum.jpg

16. STAPLE SINGERS - Be What You Are Q8 would not be Dolby encoded
stax.jpg

17. BARBRA STREISAND - The Way We Were Q8 is Dolby encoded
babs.jpg

18. WEST, BRUCE & LAING - Whatever Turns You On Q8 is Dolby encoded
wbl.jpg

19. STEVE MILLER - The Joker Q8 prefix should be Q8W
miller.jpg

1. Unreleased Lauro Nyro 'Beads of Sweat' should probably be 'Eli and the 13th Confession' instead as there were two different mixes on Robin reels and the subsequent SACD release a couple years ago?

Jim Reeves mentioned on his website some of the albums he mixed. "Christmas and the Beads of Sweat" were among what he listed, along with "Bookends".

Thanks for pointing this out. I have no idea why I have not listed 'Eli and the 13th Confession' on the not released page. I just had one of those Doah! moments.
I also listed Christmas & the Beads of Sweat on the rumors page credited to Q-Eight and that page is for rumors that do not come from the horses mouth but Jim Reeve's page only lists it as Beads of Sweat.
Thanks again guys

I made the corrections to everything except Laura Nyro which I will do during the next update and CHASE - Open Up Wide [SQ45] which is a US jukebox 45.
John Keating-Space Experience US & UK Q8's are not Dolby.

Thanks for the review and comments

Okay thanks, we can agree that Eli & The 13th Confession should also be mentioned then?

So "Christmas And Beads Of Sweat " comes strictly from Jim Reeves website and is not part of the 52 Columbia Underground Reels , correct ?

Had a 2nd look at that Columbia Reel listing and two versions of Eli are mentioned , one with 3 shorter tunes. Same album numbers .

Mark,
thought you might find this tidbit interesting. Don't know if you still want a quad 45rpm find but this is one on CYMA records.
Not familiar with that label, myself.
View attachment 31940

I found the Sandra Jeanne Brown -The Seed of Music B/W Close Your Eyes and Turn Me On. CYMA 75-1002 (45) and it makes no mention of QS or Quad. The two 45's released after this one (75-1003 & 75-1004) both mention QS and the label layout is totally different. So could the article have been in error of the 45 record label? I am going with the article is incorrect as the numbers under the catalog number on this one start with CSS and the ones that list QS start with CQS.
Sandra Jeanne Brown -The Seed of Music BW Close Your Eyes and Turn Me On. CYMA 75-1002 (45) NO...jpg
TANDEN HEYES -Here Comes That Song Again BW Hanna Playin' On My Head. Cyma 75-1003 (QS45)b.jpg

JACK KUSHER -Fire Island Ferry BW Suzie Sunshine. Cyma 75-1004 (QS45)A.jpg

Does anyone have this? I have not seen a copy

THE MOMS & DADS -Ranger Waltz, GNP Crescendo 7038-2061C (Q8)

It seems like some of the ABC GRT tapes have more than one catalog number, because it appears that ABC swallowed up some smaller labels and then reissued the tapes on their own labels. Case(s) in point:

Love Story (Original Soundtrack)

Original release on Paramount Records: 7091-6002 H
Reissued version on ABC Records: 7022-6002 H
love_story_OST-q8-1.jpg

Roy Clark 'Roy Clark's Family Album'

Original release on DOT Records: C 7150-26018
Reissue on ABC Dot: 7310-26018 H

royclark-familyalbum-q8-1.jpg

It's likely that some of the other Dot titles (Roy Clark, Donna Fargo) and Paramount (Billy Vaughn) may have similar variants, but these are the two I happened to notice.

QA-6-Y Victor Silvester Strings 'Quadraphonic Home Concert De Luxe'
q8-6-y-victor_silvester_strings-quadraphonic_home_concert-LP-1.jpg

This appears to be a Japan-only Pye release, and it also explains where track A4 on the UK Pye Quadraphonic Sampler (QUAB 1001) came from.

Back