King Crimson - Heaven & Earth box set (18CD / 4 BD-A / 2 DVD-A)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
• The complete 1997-2008 King Crimson boxed set: 18CDS/4Blu-Rays/2DVD-a.
• 3CDs feature a re-imagining of The ConstruKction of Light, an extended/enhanced stereo mix of The Power to Believe and the (studio) Happy With What You Have to be Happy With & (live) Level 5 mini-albums.
• 4CDs feature ProjeKcts 1 - 4 (new to CD) with 1 CD allocated to each line-up.
• 11CDs feature live recordings (several new to CD with some material previously unreleased in any format) from the 2000, 2001, 2003 & 2008 tours.

3 Blu-Ray audio discs:
• Disc One contains the complete recordings of ProjeKcts 1, 3, 4 & 6 – every single concert + additional material, the ProjeKcts as released featuring complete albums: ProjeKct 2- Space Groove, The ProjeKcts - 4CD box, ProjeKct 1 - Jazz Café Suite, ProjeKct X – Heaven & Earth, BPM&M - ExtraKcts & ArtifaKcts & Rieflin/Fripp/Gunn – Repercussions of Angelic Behaviour
• Disc Two contains the complete recordings of ProjeKct 2 – every single concert – more than 30 shows plus an albums’ worth of rehearsals

• Disc Three contains The ReconstruKction of Light – The album in new stereo & 5.1 mixes with the drums completely newly recorded by Pat Mastelotto – stereo mixes by Don Gunn, 5.1 mixes by David Singleton + the original album in hi-res stereo, The Power to Believe – expanded/enhanced 2019 master (2 tracks with additional elements + 3 extra tracks assembled/mixed by David Singleton) & 5.1 surround mixes by David Singleton – all mixes approved by Executive Producer Robert Fripp + bonus inclusions of Happy With/Level 5 mini-albums, the 2000 show from London & the EleKtriK live album from 2003 + video of a tour of the KC studio/live equipment setup from 2002.

• Blu-Ray video
• Disc Four contains Europe 2000 – The Bootleg TV tour – approx. 10 hours of audio/video – much never seen/heard since the concerts featuring performances of selected songs & improvs (usually two per night of each) from almost every show on the tour. Footage & music from 20 shows

2 DVD-a discs (compatible with all dvd players) feature The ReconstruKction of Light (new stereo/5.1/original stereo + ProjeKct X – Heaven & Earth & The Power to Believe (2019 stereo/5.1/original master + Happy With What You Have to be Happy With mini-album

• 12” box with booklet, memorabilia and new sleeve-notes by Sid Smith & David Singleton

• King Crimson will perform 50 concerts in 2019, the band’s 50th anniversary
• This is the seventh boxed set in a series of editions which will, when complete, cover all periods of King Crimson activity from 1969 to the present era.

Last edited:
Also available, individual albums:

The Power To Believe (40th Anniversary Series)

FORMAT: 1CD/1DVD-a

CD:
Enhanced, expanded 2019 master DVD-a:
Enhanced, expanded 2019 master in hi-res stereo
5.1 Surround mix
Original album mix In Hi-Res stereo

Bonus Feature:
Happy With What You Have to be Happy With mini-album

• The Power to Believe – is the fifteenth and final release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series.
• CD features an enhanced, expanded master of the album.
• DVD-a features the new master in hi-res stereo audio.
DVD-a also features the album in lossless 5.1 Surround Sound as mixed by David Singleton.
• All new mixes were approved by the set’s Executive Producer Robert Fripp.
• The original album master is included in hi-res stereo

• As a bonus feature, the mini-album Happy With What You Have to be Happy With – which preceded the release of The Power to Believe is included.
• Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.
• Concludes the highly collectable King Crimson series.

The ReconstruKction Of Light (40th Anniversary Series)

• The ReconstruKction of Light – is the fourteenth release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series.
• CD features a “re-imagined” edition of the album with all drums replaced by Pat Mastelotto & the entire album remixed to accommodate these changes by Don Gunn (who mixed last year’s Meltdown: Live in Mexico set.
• DVD-a features the new mixes in hi-res stereo audio.
DVD-a also features the album in lossless 5.1 Surround Sound as mixed by David Singleton.
• All new mixes were approved by the set’s Executive Producer Robert Fripp.
• The original album mix is included in hi-res stereo
• As a bonus feature, the complete ProjeKct X album – Heaven & Earth is included.
• Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.
• Continues the highly collectable King Crimson series.

Last edited:
"Disc One contains..." "5.1 mixes by David Singleton"

That's all I needed to see right there. This is simply going to be great!

The only thing I don't see specifically spelled out is a 5.1 mix for the Heaven and Earth album itself. I'm thinking that the box sharing the name of that and all means it's certainly got to be in there though. Of the 3 main studio albums here, this is the big one for me.

5.1 mixes of the Project One shows (and any of the rest) would be welcome but that might be a stretch? But even 24 bit stereo upgrades of all this is still awesome.

Re-recording drums for TCOL?!
I haven't been following their forum for a while now. What was the big disaster with the multitracks on this? Such a recent times recording too! Jeeze.
Oh... That was recorded and mixed by Ken Latchney not long before he passed away. I wonder if some of his computer files were maybe never found?

Last edited:
If the box set is not your cup of tea (and for many it will not be due to the sheer cost, even though there is a lot of content) I do recommend that everyone check out the 2 smaller CD/DVDA-V sets.

David Singleton’s 5.1 mixes of both albums are absolutely fantastic. They really are just as good as any of the other 5.1 mixes in the series, plus Pat’s new drums on “The Reconstrukction of Light” have completely transformed the album into a powerful recording experience.

Finally, some more good releases for all of us to look forward to!

:)

I saw that, but am waiting for my April paycheck to pre-order (grumble <taxes owed> grumble).

Have yet to check out the price . . . I'll save that shock for later :cautious:. As a completist, I also have to have the smaller releases -- they all look so nice and uniform, stacked side by side on the shelf!

I never warmed to TCoL album but may give the new version a go, definitely in for the dvd-a of Power to Believe. Like the last big box (Sailor's Tale), there's just not enough in it I really care about to justify the cost. If I see it later on at a blow-out price then maybe....

Probably won't buy the box-set but the 2 DVDs- for sure at Amazon ca when available

Back