Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but just wanted to be clear before I purchase - I’m looking for the meddle 5.1 mix, do all copies of the early years box set have this mix or has it been removed from newer print runs? Thank you in advance.

Complete box set only I'm afraid .

Hey Overheat,

Great to have you here. I am not sure about the answer to your question - and if there are newer runs of the box set, how would you know before you buy which version you were getting. Anyone know these answers?

Only the full size box has it unfortunately

So, if I’m to understand correctly, as long as it’s in the black box, then it’ll have the meddle mix, but if it’s sold individually, then it won’t?

So, if I’m to understand correctly, as long as it’s in the black box, then it’ll have the meddle mix, but if it’s sold individually, then it won’t?

That is correct :(

But the Meddle is hidden on the disc - it is not listed on the titles - you have to use an audio extractor like say MakeMKV to find and extract it from the proper disc :mad:@:

Let me mention another thing that may influence your decision to buy this set...there were some "issues" with some of the blu rays...and they had replacement discs made..but that was over a year ago..and whether they still have those replacements is unknown...check out this article...for some reason Pink Floyd has had disc problems before...more than any band I can remember...just saying...and welcome to the forum:bounce17

I've bought the Box!!!

DSCF0448.JPG

I have waited nearly one year, the store had it for €499,- but never sold it. I thought "OK, my time will come. If they don't sell it for this price, they may lowering the price when they need the space for new stuff...".

And today was my day!

-Kristian

Hi all,

I think this info has not been posted here yet, but beware all Blu-rays inside the Early Years box are subject to degradation that eventually make them unplayable. It starts with some bubbles close to the outer ring, I can provide pictures as my discs are all impacted. In principle this only should affect to discs manufactured in Europe, but this was not confirmed.
There's a replacement programme ongoing that ends in January 2020, read details below. Mine have been shipped today.

In 2016 our attention was drawn to a small batch of Blu-ray discs supplied for ‘The Early Years 1965-1972’, which had been subject to unreported transit damage, causing eventual discolouration and playing issues over time.

Now in 2019, we have been advised that a small quantity of the below discs have been affected:

CAMBRIDGE ST/ATION / 0190295929855 / PFREY1-BD
GERMIN/ATION / EAN 0190295929831 / PFREY2-BD
DRAMATIS/ATION / EAN 0190295929824 / PFREY3-BD
DEVI/ATION EAN 019029529817 / PFREY4-BD
REVERBER/ATION / 0190295929800 / PFREY5-BD
OBFUSC/ATION / EAN 0190295929794 / PFREY6-BD
CONTINU/ATION / EAN 0190295929787 / PFREY7-BD1
CONTINU/ATION / EAN 0190295929787 / PFREY7-BD2

If you have any of the above discs that are experiencing playability issues, please TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH of the condition of the disc (both back and front), state its catalogue number and enclose the photograph with full delivery details, and we will send you a replacement. [email protected].

We will be manufacturing replacement discs on a limited basis based on demand, so please contact us BEFORE JANUARY 01, 2020, in order that your request can be processed. This offer does not affect your statutory rights.

Hi all,

I think this info has not been posted here yet, but beware all Blu-rays inside the Early Years box are subject to degradation that eventually make them unplayable. It starts with some bubbles close to the outer ring, I can provide pictures as my discs are all impacted. In principle this only should affect to discs manufactured in Europe, but this was not confirmed.
There's a replacement programme ongoing that ends in January 2020, read details below. Mine have been shipped today.

In 2016 our attention was drawn to a small batch of Blu-ray discs supplied for ‘The Early Years 1965-1972’, which had been subject to unreported transit damage, causing eventual discolouration and playing issues over time.

Now in 2019, we have been advised that a small quantity of the below discs have been affected:

CAMBRIDGE ST/ATION / 0190295929855 / PFREY1-BD
GERMIN/ATION / EAN 0190295929831 / PFREY2-BD
DRAMATIS/ATION / EAN 0190295929824 / PFREY3-BD
DEVI/ATION EAN 019029529817 / PFREY4-BD
REVERBER/ATION / 0190295929800 / PFREY5-BD
OBFUSC/ATION / EAN 0190295929794 / PFREY6-BD
CONTINU/ATION / EAN 0190295929787 / PFREY7-BD1
CONTINU/ATION / EAN 0190295929787 / PFREY7-BD2

If you have any of the above discs that are experiencing playability issues, please TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH of the condition of the disc (both back and front), state its catalogue number and enclose the photograph with full delivery details, and we will send you a replacement. [email protected].

We will be manufacturing replacement discs on a limited basis based on demand, so please contact us BEFORE JANUARY 01, 2020, in order that your request can be processed. This offer does not affect your statutory rights.
The replacements won't include Meddle, am I right?!

I received all my replacements yesterday, still need to look if the Reverb-eration disc has the hidden files.

The only disc I have that was rotting of course was that disc. It is still readable however and I’m currently copying the disc. I’ll check the new one when done,

No. I don't actually own it. I think I heard it on flac once, but it's been a while.
Isn't that the only way you can hear it? It isn't playable directly from the disk. In fact, I'm not even sure its a copyright infringement to own it since it was never officially released... isn't that ironic

Isn't that the only way you can hear it? It isn't playable directly from the disk. In fact, I'm not even sure its a copyright infringement to own it since it was never officially released... isn't that ironic
Yep it’s the only way to hear it. I think I spent about $700 just for this (box set, blu-Ray burner) it’s a great mix, I’m a huge Floyd fan but am so over of Roger and And David’s childish bickering. We should have just gotten both the Meddle and Obscured by the Clouds 5.1 mixes on the box set. Now like Animals the mixes are done and just sitting on a hard drive while these two 70+ year old men bitch at each other about who did the mix

Back