Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But each & every time I make a comparison between the SM & DPL II, the latter always sounds muddy & congested compared to the SM. The SM just sounds so alive & distinct. I have never used DPL II since getting the SM v2 except to compare.

I agree. They're certainly similar, but there's just something better about the SM.

Last edited:
In Search of the Lost Chord
The Moody Blues

New stereo remix

https://www.discogs.com/The-Moody-B...ord-50th-Anniversary-Edition/release/12752092
This is what Jakko could have achieved to really give his 5.1 mix an improvement.

It has the discreteness we all enjoy.

The little blue eyed monster comes up trumps again.

Oops, how did his name get added, to ruin my post!!! :whistle:

I was going to respond to your post regarding the 5.1 that the new hi-res stereo mix through the SM sounds much better than the 5.1. But you did it for me. ;)

Yep, eats it for breakfast

Thanks. I asked as I was wondering whether the new Sony 360 Reality Audio codec on streaming services could be based on Ambisonics, since S360 plays in standard stereo but contains object based surround mixes When played through S360 enabled apps. Ambisonics is an open codec so it’s possible Sony have based their system on this. Playing back a few of these S360 tracks through a SM will test my theory and if successful would give us a way to listen to S360 on a conventional Quad or 5.1 systems via SM.

THX
Garry

Thanks. I asked as I was wondering whether the new Sony 360 Reality Audio codec on streaming services could be based on Ambisonics, since S360 plays in standard stereo but contains object based surround mixes When played through S360 enabled apps. Ambisonics is an open codec so it’s possible Sony have based their system on this. Playing back a few of these S360 tracks through a SM will test my theory and if successful would give us a way to listen to S360 on a conventional Quad or 5.1 systems via SM.

THX
Garry
2 channels will only deliver horizontal surround, 3 channels are needed for height using Ambisonic AFAIK

Last edited:
Back