Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Clapton 2-fer!

1575231463596.png
Eric Clapton Give Me Strength The '74/'75 Recordings

Enjoying the Quad mixes of both 461 Ocean Boulevard & There's One In Every Crowd

One and done, for me. I respect that they didn't want to make another Bohemian Rhapsody, but BoRhap I can watch over and over, while RM was tough enough to get through once.
Ironically, in one audio-biography I heard, EJ stated that he hates musicals lol.

I thought both bios were somewhat lacking. While Rami Malek, likewise did an exceptional job of playing Freddie Mercury [utilizing Freddie's REAL vocals] and the highlight for me was Queen's triumphant Live Aids Concert, Rocketman, unfortunately, had no real highlights and the aborted John songs performed 'piecemeal' failed to create any excitement and the focus of John's loveless home life, absent and cold hearted father, failed relationships and descent into alcohol and drugs further added to, IMO, a bummer of a bio. Thankfully, the UHD4K/BD~V discs on Black Friday were actually cheaper than a movie ticket so I don't feel cheated and I've already promised the included BD~V to a friend who hasn't yet seen it.

In the time it took to concoct this mess, all of EJ's music could've been remixed and released in 5.1.

Last edited:
This weekend, I spoke to my father for 105 minutes on the phone. I think it's the longest conversation we've ever had. It was lovely. Today, this arrives

1575340475663.png
Luther Vandross Dance With My Father

Coincidence? . . . um, yeah. What's not a coincidence is another respectable showing in our polls.

Last edited:
This weekend, I spoke to my father for 105 minutes on the phone. I think it's the longest conversation we've ever had. It was lovely. Today, this arrives

View attachment 44403 Luther Vandross Dance With My Father

Coincidence? . . . um, yeah. What's not a coincidence is another respectable showing in our polls.

Lovely album, Clement and always knew Your ❤ belongs to Daddy!

Lovely album, Clement and always knew Your ❤ belongs to Daddy!
we were estranged for close to 20 years . . . it was as if we were

1575357817710.png
Anathema Distant Satellites

both band and title! glad your post prompted me to listen to this one. forgiveness is the key to happiness
anathema's highest rated release in our polls, btw!

Starting my day with Ian Shaw's other multichannel release (I listened to Lifejacket last week)

1575380676066.png
Ian Shaw Drawn to All Things The Songs of Joni Mitchell

Same ambient reverb-y mix as Lifejacket that, for me, is transcended by Shaw's voice and delivery and the material--man, his interpretations leave me wanting more multichannel Joni (Both Sides Now just isn't enough for me) . . . might there be a future D-V release of Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns (no 2-fer for Joni, Mr. Dutton--I'll gladly pay for single releases!)? Here's a review of Shaw's release

Back