Quad LP/Tape Poll Where are the ratings of quad mixes for Q8’s

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadmickey

I’ve been off the fourm for awhile. I used to read the ratings and comments of what people thought of the discrete quad mix and how well it was done. After searching around for 30 minutes I give up. Can some one give me the link or show me where it’s at.

I’ve been off the fourm for awhile. I used to read the ratings and comments of what people thought of the discrete quad mix and how well it was done. After searching around for 30 minutes I give up. Can some one give me the link or show me where it’s at.
Click on the "surround polls" tab just under where the Quadraphonic Quad banner is at the top of the page. That takes you to the polls page. Once there, click on the "Quad LPs & Tapes" tab.

Generally, though, I don't think most of us actually mention the Q8 in a thread that also has vinyl or reel--the latter are more likely to take precedence. If I have vinyl and Q8 and detect any significant differences, of course I'd mention that in my review.

But yes, if you go to the 4-Channel spotlight thread that I moderate, you should find enough about Q8's--I hope. When it comes to quad a reel tape would be anyone's preference, I would think, followed by either CD-4 or Q8, which are discrete formats. When one has an SQ or QS and Q8, the latter is the format I'd reference if I have it, since that will by default be more discrete than the vinyl.

ED

Back