Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn’t the title of this Thread be......?

Listening To Now In Upmix Surround

I think most here have more than 4 channels? I could be far off base on this one. 😜

yes, but when I first posted this thread, I had only FOUR speakers .. back in the day in Madrid..

Oh well I only have FIVE speakers now.. in Denver..don't see that changing anytime soon..

So.. popped in my homebrewed Stereo DVDA of..
Synergy
"CORDS"

from the clear vinyl copy I got a few years ago.. decodes incredibly in fake Quad/Surround

"Listening to Now, in Synthesized Surround." Quad Linda May 22, 2012(y)

I do a fair amount of listening to select CD's using Dolby Pro Logic II (and others) and have always thought this thread covered that angle, let me know if I'm wrong. Given that, Porcupine Tree Signify CD 1 (KSCOPE131) DPLII 44.1 16b, this is an excellent two disc digibook, if you're looking for more PT like I was.

Last edited:
I'm really loving my Surround Master.

Currently savouring:

The Supremes - Hign Energy (original Russ Terrana mixes) (1976) 44-16

R-215622-1246566445.jpeg.jpg

And now for a complete change of mood:

Cliff Martinez ‎– The Foreigner (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2017) 48-24 Hi-Res Download

This synth based music sets the tone for this action/vengeance film. Martinez is a master of mood. I loved his Solaris soundtrack and he's in top form here. If you watch this film on DVD/Blu-Ray, you'll love the 5.1 mix of the closing credit music. This was one of the first albums I wanted to hear through the Surround Master, and it's an absolute treat. Not only is the arpeggiator synth twirling around, but the phantom center is quite impressive.

R-11593159-1533224380-6745.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Beethoven Symphony No. 5 in C minor op. 67, 44.1k 16b; CD 3 from the the five CD Harnoncourt 1991 (The Chamber Orchestra of Europe) set using DPLII and that I got when BMG was still doing their thing. No, it's not discrete but it's the Man. Fate! Moved on to No. 7, strangely it became linked in my mind to the 1974 film Zardoz.

Last edited:
OK.. feeling nostalgic..
even the spanish state tv had one of their songs as background music (ahi estas tu) on many of their upcoming program/promos...yeah.. don't mess with Sony.... they don't mess around!!

Chambao
Endorfinas en la mente

one of the ultimate chill CDs ever!!!!

decodes quite well in DTS Neural X,

Check it out if you have the chance.. and buy their CD/LP if you like it... CD/DVD/..sigh..yeah, downloads too...

...of ALL places, WalMart has the LP for sale...

Juliana Hatfield sings ONJ
FLAC 44/16
DTS NEURAL X
A very nice surprise, decodes almost perfectly!
And I DID love this when I got it on LP (I'll get a TT one day) and the FLAC files but it is a rather DENSE record.. although at first listening it didn't sound like it,,,
Juliana first of all sounds UNCANNILY like Olivia...Juliana also lays down a nice thick bed of guitars which are placed in the rears in this faux surround decoder... a great "re-imagined" songs collection, giving ONJ's versions a run for their money..updating and giving them a very welcome edge...
Highly reccomendable ..

It was an LP rip at 96/24 of
SWEET
Level Headed
...Not a lot of surround..just your usual stray gtr, etc..Finally realized "Love in 'A' ..." is them doing .. ALAN PARSONS PROJECT!!!

And ,now , an oldie but a goodie..
QUEEN
JAZZ
88.2/24
LOTS of SURROUND ACTION!

The Bon Scott era is the best. Their music changed when he left us and I stopped buying (caring for) their catalog with the exception of the first two with Brian Johnson which I really hardly ever play anymore.

Yep, same here. A lot of people consider back in black as their best but I lost interest there, Bryan Johnson is a great guy but....

Back