Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you do that?

My main system is 4:2 so I tell my Meridian pre pro that there's NO center channel and it sums left and right to form a perfect phantom center.

Basically, Gene, the same concept when playing D~V QUADs.......the vocals are coming from dead center provided your speakers are imaged properly!

Last edited:
I notice some of the songs, are just that. Songs.....no interference. Others, have some of the extra sounds that were typical of MTV era videos.

Yep...I noticed that...even if there weren't that many of them....I liked the quality of the ones I heard(y)don't know how time consuming it would be...but IMO the end result would be worth it...

1534769477497.jpeg

MI0003830779.jpg

I've never seen it suggested that this one was a single-inventory QS title, I thought the only Howard Roberts quad was 1974's Equinox Express Elevator? As far as I know, Impulse! didn't get in to quad until 1972 and this was released in 1971 - is there any mention anywhere of it being quad? It may just be one of those albums with a lot of phase-related information that QS decoding does (unintentional) stuff with.

I believe there are a few 1971 Impulse Quads , SteelyDave . Probably not many though.

Alice Coltrane - Universal Consciousness , is one .

:D @ SimonA , and anyone else interested , most especially matrix quad decoders fanz.

A couple of QS cds I recommend .

Nektar -A Tab In The Ocean (1976 U.S MIX only ) , and on Impulse John Coltrane -Live In Seattle .

20180819_172155.jpg
20180819_172216.jpg

The John Coltrane is from a 66 Concert that was issued for release by Alice Coltrane and encoded by Ed Michel sometime in the 70's . It's an unmarked quad but has been confirmed by Ed Michel .

Nektar's -A Tab In The Ocean (76 mix ) was confirmed encoded by Band member Mo Moore .
20180819_172237.jpg

And the best QS cd I know of ....Excellent quad mix and music.

Larry Fast -Synergy. QS CD

And a must own SQ Quad cd .....Very Highly recommended .

E.L.O. -Early Years SQ CD

Contains some of the tracks from ELO 'S-No Answer (First Light )....... PLUS , 2 bonus tracks in quad , from ELO'S 2nd album (never released quad album , btw).
20180819_172441.jpg
20180819_172037.jpg
20180819_172108.jpg

Hugo Montenegro - Rocket Man-Mammy Blue SACD... my conure, Maui, is really enjoying the spacey synths on "Your Song" (and so am I!)... a lot of songs from this disc are making my "easy listening" surround playlist (yes, I have one.)

Put some Jimmy Buffett on...is your "tweety bird" named after a vertical crop grown in Hawaii:oops:

Back