'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What titles has Neil been working on?

This year it's been "Meltdown: Live in Mexico City" (from King Crimson), "Signs & Wonders" (from Birdsong at Morning), and "Dissolution" (from the Pineapple Thief) on 5.1 Blu-Ray, plus "Flow" (from Djabe) on 5.1 DVDA-V and finally "Ocean Sounds" (from iamthemorning) on stereo Blu-Ray.

That should be all for this year, but hopefully there will be more to come next year!

:)

Yeah, the "real" Imagine 5.1 isn't very spectacular if you first heard Disc 2. I don't think I'll be playing Disc 1 much. In fact, for the car, I made a USB with all of the 5.1 tracks from "Out-Takes" and "Extended Mixes" and that will be fine for me. I may be in the minority, but the original album I've heard too many times, and with a less-than-amazing 5.1 mix, it's not going to do it for me.

Disc 2? That does it for me! (y)
Sorry for the cross-pollination Jon, but I was wondering if the Imagine BD-1 issue would've happened if Neil Wilkes was involved?

I also think from time to time that I miss Mr. Wilkes posts here.
I have both of his DVD-As. Not only do they sound stellar, the UI is what all DVD-As should've been.

Now that Australians can't order from Amazon internationally due to newly imposed tax laws, I'm stuck with usual ordering opportunities for the Deluxe box. I'd usually go straight to Burning Shed but the shipping charges are frankly ridiculous (53 pounds or almost $100 AU). If anyone in Oz has any advice, I'd appreciate it.
I have seen some reasonable deals on ebay. I will try there once the box comes out. Yeah it's bloody frustrating and I feel Burning Shed as much as people say they are good, are not competitive with postage prices.

Last edited:
Sorry for the cross-pollination Jon, but I was wondering if the Imagine BD-1 issue would've happened if Neil Wilkes was involved?

I also think from time to time that I miss Mr. Wilkes posts here.
I have both of his DVD-As. Not only do they sound stellar, the UI is what all DVD-As should've been.

Neil has done more for surround than most of the others out there. He was instrumental in working with Steven Wilson at the beginning of his journey into 5.1 mixing. He's around, he's just "making 5.1"! He'll be by from time to time, I am sure. He's probably lurking because if he posts he might get badgered with pointless questions and query's, you know the drill.

I have seen some reasonable deals on ebay. I will try there once the box comes out. Yeah it's bloody frustrating and I feel Burning Shed as much as people say they are good, are not competitive with postage prices.
The UK parcel & courier services seem to hammer you if you send anything bigger than an envelope overseas, I went to send something to my cousins in Australia and the cost was going to be over 3 times what I'd paid for it. So I didn't.

RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT!!! - SAVE 9 to 10 BUX AMZON ORDERS!!! If you ordered from Amazon at the 138 price..........they are now offering a 9.07 coupon off at final shopping cart - Snood canceled previous order and ordered with new offer lil over 9 bux cheap plus less tax so close to 10 bux off for me. :hi:SG:hi

RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT!!! - SAVE 9 to 10 BUX AMZON ORDERS!!! If you ordered from Amazon at the 138 price..........they are now offering a 9.07 coupon off at final shopping cart - Snood canceled previous order and ordered with new offer lil over 9 bux cheap plus less tax so close to 10 bux off for me. :hi:SG:hi
Yeah, but what if they run out of allocated pre-orders (say 500) and you end up waiting an extra few days to receive your box because you’re now 1000 on the list instead of 100? :eek:o_O

Let me mention something...that $9.07 amount can vary depending on where they live...if you notice that takes care of the tax for us in Florida...it might be different in other areas...just saying..maybe someone else from another area will let us know..

Let me mention something...that $9.07 amount can vary depending on where they live...if you notice that takes care of the tax for us in Florida...it might be different in other areas...just saying..maybe someone else from another area will let us know..

$9.06 for those of us here in Connecticut. I gotta move to Florida just to save a penny! :ROFLMAO:

I'm sticking with my Deep Discount order [$128 delivered price]. I'm in NO rush ..... I'm not going anywhere and truth be told, we'll all be scratching our heads when Amazon's Warehouse Deals blows it out for under $100....or LESS!

I'm in at that price point...except I pay tax so it's $134...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back