What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

More Q8`s & Q4 came the other day,

( Concept 4. Q4 AMP J 1703 -The Family Guitar Band Help Me Make It "Through The Night" )
( Apple. Q8 Q8W-3417 -Ringo Starr Good Night Venna )-
( Columbia. Q8 MAQ 31018 Switched-on Bach )-
( Columbia. Q8 MAQ 31289 -Anitiphonal Music For Four Brass Choirs )-
( Columbia. Q8 CAQ 33006 -Percy Faith & His Orchestra The Entertainer )-
( Montgomery Ward Airline Oation. Q8 QMW-001 -Demonstration Song Sung Blue )-

IMG_3930.jpg
IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3943a.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
brass.jpg
IMG_3940.jpg
IMG_3943b.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been on a bit of a rampage lately...this is since the end of august. Some of these I have heard conversions of before, others I'm very excited to hear discrete for the first time. Yes, I know some of the slipcovers are wrong...

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5854 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5850.jpg
    IMG_5850.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5849.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 230
So I've been on a bit of a rampage lately...this is since the end of august. Some of these I have heard conversions of before, others I'm very excited to hear discrete for the first time. Yes, I know some of the slipcovers are wrong...

View attachment 36078

View attachment 36080
View attachment 36081

View attachment 36084

wonderful haul, sj! :love:
thanks for the pics too!
hope you can extract some good discrete Quad out of some of those Classical Music tapes in particular! (y)

Just bought a U.K. Pink Floyd - ATOM HEART MOTHER from the person who is in a GOLDMINE article about the discrete DSOTM tape. I already have the U.K. discrete DSOTM tape which I purchased from a person in the U.K. It wasn't listed for sale in the U.S.A. , but I talked the person into selling it to me.
Here is a pic of my DSOTM tape. My AHM is on its way.

Attachments

• jpeg DSOTM.jpg
    jpeg DSOTM.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 228
Stacked like cordwood ! Most need refurbishing, but since I am retiring tomorrow, I will have time to work on them. I will practice on some stereo tapes I have to perfect my technique.

Hi. rawmacias

Another great haul ::::::::7(y)...…….. WWwwwooooo...

I have the same problem lot of my Q8`s need refurbishing...…..with all these great laul`s…….. me thinks the price is going to go through the roof for these Q8`s.....oooowwwWW

Last edited:
I think there are plenty out there still. Will just take a while to find them. I do have quite a few doubles which are stacked behind the ones in the pic's. And there seems to be a steady stream of tapes on EBAY. My most expensive ones have been the two Pink Floyd discrete tapes at $350+. It took years to finally get both. Others like Tommy James and the Schondells , CCR GOLD took awhile to , but I've seen them on Ebay just recently.

Q8_1118_front.jpgQ8_1118_back.jpg

The Big Band Hits is one of my favorite Project 3 recordings- the arrangements are surprisingly straight-forward for Enoch Light and the mix is awesome. Love hearing "In The Mood" in quad!

The Joan Baez is one of those odd A&M mixes that's super discrete (like the Billy Preston and Quincy Jones mixes). Lots of rear drums in that one.

I've also got Jim Croce's Greatest Hits (CQT-40020 Canadian tape) and Dave Mason's It's Like You Never Left on the way...:)

I just received this RollsRoyce sampler (sleeve included) from the U.K. By what the sampler has on it, I guess the guys who bought RollsRoyce's did not listen to rock! Nice find on Ebay UK.

Nice- I've got that one too (green shell version).

Is that the Japanese CD-4 of the Moodies' Seventh Sojourn underneath??? That's a hell of a collectable, super jealous. I've been trying to collect all those King Records Japanese CD-4s...just nabbed Quincy Jones' Body Heat (4D-10) a few days ago.

Yeah , sure is ! I did that on purpose. Kinda like braggin. I have been looking for sooo long for the two MB CD-4's and have found them both within the last month. I put in an offer and both were accepted to my surprise. I have a post in What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4 for the two releases. Here are pic's of my purchases.

Attachments

• Capture A.PNG
    Capture A.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Capture B.PNG
    Capture B.PNG
    59.4 KB · Views: 246
Nice- I've got that one too (green shell version).

Is that the Japanese CD-4 of the Moodies' Seventh Sojourn underneath??? That's a hell of a collectable, super jealous. I've been trying to collect all those King Records Japanese CD-4s...just nabbed Quincy Jones' Body Heat (4D-10) a few days ago.

was that the Body Heat CD-4 that sold on eBay the other day?

Back