MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Face the face - Pete Townshand´s Deep end
Live 1986 CD+DVD
deep end live.jpg

An amazing concert with Dave Gilmour on guitar.
The surround track is better than any i heard from the Rockpalast discs.
This is not meaning that the surround is excellent but at least there is instruments audible from the back speakers and not just audience noise.

Does a DualDisc count? Scored a used copy of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Birth of a Band: Isle of Wight Festival (Eagle Vision, 2006). It's a stretch to call this "multi-channel," as I'm almost certain the rears are faked--and in any case there's so little going on it's hardly worth quibbling over. But it's an interesting curiosity, just the same. DVD side has concert footage and interviews, plus a DTS 5.1 audio-only track.

615TRV2Y3QL.jpg

That B U - Az Yet (DVD-V)

quite a kooky wee thing.. with relatively little info about it "out there" and one I had a pretty tough time tracking down a cheap copy of in this part of the world, anyway I digress what makes it interesting is that it is (I think?) one of the first, maybe even the first DualDisc single.. I think this may have been released just before DualDiscs were rolled out or possibly around the same time as the trial in 2004?

it isnt called a DualDisc, its called a "OneDisc", neither the branding nor packaging resemble any DualDisc, as you can see from the pics.

are there anymore of these OneDiscs? or was this it? interesting, isn't it!

anyway onto the content itself, its smooth modern R&B/Soul, kind of inoffensively nice enough.. there's 5 tracks on the CD side and 2 x 5.1 Dolby Digital audio only tracks on the DVD side (pretty good surround mixes imho., credited to Darryl Anthony & John Nettlesby) and two promo videos (one for the group, one for the label) both in Stereo.

xxLPmVD.jpeg

jYRmU03.jpeg

P6covOD.jpeg

wswPGHC.jpeg

But.. isn't this a DVDA????... if it's a concert, I have missed it somehow... IIRC my copy was in a large DVDA jewel box......

there's also a separate DVD-Audio release.

this DVD-Video has the same 5.1 mixes afaik, with either music videos or blank screen accompanying.

fwiw I had a tough time finding this DVD (I got it direct from the artists' site merch in the end) and the DVD-Audio at this stage forget it, i've well and truly missed the boat on that one now! wah wah wah!! :ROFLMAO:

there's also a separate DVD-Audio release.

this DVD-Video has the same 5.1 mixes afaik, with either music videos or blank screen accompanying.

fwiw I had a tough time finding this DVD (I got it direct from the artists' site merch in the end) and the DVD-Audio at this stage forget it, i've well and truly missed the boat on that one now! wah wah wah!! :ROFLMAO:

INNNNTERESTIIINNNNG!!!!!

That B U - Az Yet (DVD-V)

quite a kooky wee thing.. with relatively little info about it "out there" and one I had a pretty tough time tracking down a cheap copy of in this part of the world, anyway I digress what makes it interesting is that it is (I think?) one of the first, maybe even the first DualDisc single.. I think this may have been released just before DualDiscs were rolled out or possibly around the same time as the trial in 2004?

it isnt called a DualDisc, its called a "OneDisc", neither the branding nor packaging resemble any DualDisc, as you can see from the pics.

are there anymore of these OneDiscs? or was this it? interesting, isn't it!

anyway onto the content itself, its smooth modern R&B/Soul, kind of inoffensively nice enough.. there's 5 tracks on the CD side and 2 x 5.1 Dolby Digital audio only tracks on the DVD side (pretty good surround mixes imho., credited to Darryl Anthony & John Nettlesby) and two promo videos (one for the group, one for the label) both in Stereo.

xxLPmVD.jpeg

jYRmU03.jpeg

P6covOD.jpeg

wswPGHC.jpeg
This is not a "One Disc", the format is called "DVDplus", a trademark of Dieter Dierks, as were DualDiscs called beforehand. IIRC Dierks was the patent holder of the double sided disc with audio (CD layer) on one side and video (DVD layer) on the other.

Later they called it the DualDisc.

-Kristian

This is not a "One Disc", the format is called "DVDplus", a trademark of Dieter Dierks, as were DualDiscs called beforehand. IIRC Dierks was the patent holder of the double sided disc with audio (CD layer) on one side and video (DVD layer) on the other.

Later they called it the DualDisc.

-Kristian

so its called a "One Disc" on the front of the package, it says its distributed by "One Disc" Distribution on the rear of the package.. but it's not a "One Disc". brilliant!

ps. please refer to the images above for the info about this purporting to be a "One Disc".

I found this one about a week before the Queen of Soul passed: Live at Park West (Chicago) - Aretha Franklin OOP DVD My Husband and I had our first date at Park West, watching/listening to Herb Alpert & Lani Hall.

Spirit live at Rockpalast - German DVD

To Russia with Elton (a Single Man live in Russia) w/Ray Cooper. DVD I have this one on an old 12" Video Disc. Unplugged circa 1979, long before MTV Unplugged.

The Big Beat - Antoine "Fats" Domino DVD

Soundstage Performances & No One Gets Out of Here Alive - Doors 2 DVD

Third World Live in Concert (2006) DVD

Concert for George DVD
(ALMOST NEW! for $2.99!!!!)
Stopped at the closest thrift shop and found a bunch of CDs for $1.99 (Sting's Soul Cages and Demolition Man, Fiona's Tidal and When the Pawn -basically NEW- Sarah McLachlan, Mirrorball and Surfacing..), and DVDs (Sabrina -SEALED!, and a bunch of other stuff) ...10 CDs and 6 DVDs for $22!!!!

Between 2000 and 2005, UK pop singer Robbie Williams put out a number of DVD Singles with tracks in 5.1 Surround sound.
I'm not sure how many were released in all but I've found 9 of these discs so far with 16 tracks in surround on them in total.
Various engineers did the remixes over the years, which are all genuine surround and not upmixes, including familiar names such as Bob Clearmountain and Al Schmitt.

5A3JEwH.jpeg

6nuYcDV.jpeg

Fly Like An Eagle: 30th Anniversary Limited Edition - Steve Miller Band (CD + DVD-V)

Prompted by a recent QQ discussion about playability problems with the DVD in the European Edsel rerelease of this set, I realised I didn't have the first U.S. Capitol issue and when I spotted one on Discogs from a UK seller for a tenner thought what the heck in for a penny and all that.. :giggle:

uIZhlvs.jpeg

RVuF3B5.jpeg

Hello Adam, looks like you know what I did last summer! o_O
I've enjoyed these hidden gems immensely since and finally decided to dedicate them a thread of their own.

Looks like you're missing just the Radio single (just the title track in 5.1) plus Dance With The Devil from Where Egos Dare.

Between 2000 and 2005, UK pop singer Robbie Williams put out a number of DVD Singles with tracks in 5.1 Surround sound.
I'm not sure how many were released in all but I've found 9 of these discs so far with 16 tracks in surround on them in total.
Various engineers did the remixes over the years, which are all genuine surround and not upmixes, including familiar names such as Bob Clearmountain and Al Schmitt.

Hello Adam, looks like you know what I did last summer! o_O
I've enjoyed these hidden gems immensely since and finally decided to dedicate them a thread of their own.

Looks like you're missing just the Radio single (just the title track in 5.1) plus Dance With The Devil from Where Egos Dare.

haha.. brilliant! thanks for the info! just got that Radio DVD on eBay.. these are hidden gems of surround indeed! did you try RW's She's Madonna DVD single with the PSB? i couldn't find any info but it was £1.49 w/p&p so ker-ching in the basket it goes! :smokin

haha.. brilliant! thanks for the info! just got that Radio DVD on eBay.. these are hidden gems of surround indeed! did you try RW's She's Madonna DVD single with the PSB? i couldn't find any info but it was £1.49 w/p&p so ker-ching in the basket it goes! :smokin
I think the last one with 5.1 was Advertising Space. Next in line was Sin Sin Sin, but I didn't go for it - yet. Strangely enough I got some info that the following videos/singles, Lovelight and She's Madonna could be in surround, but no evidence so far.

I think the last one with 5.1 was Advertising Space. Next in line was Sin Sin Sin, but I didn't go for it - yet. Strangely enough I got some info that the following videos/singles, Lovelight and She's Madonna could be in surround, but no evidence so far.

i got Lovelight and Sin Sin Sin, both Stereo only.

Greedy Baby - Plaid & Bob Jaroc (CD + DTS 5.1 DVD-V)

Here's one i stumbled upon but could not find any info on the quality of the 5.1 mixes. time to be the guinea pig i guess.. hold your nose and hope for the best! :ROFLMAO:

umQe5uV.jpeg

B8TheOl.jpeg

hlfPMc1.jpeg

HhldlWO.jpeg

nxvZvPz.jpeg

Back