Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure. I was counting earlier tonight and have about 190 concerts or so...I'd say top 3 even, right up there with The Eagles Farewell and The Doobies at Wolf Trap. It's got the 3 things you look for here, great PQ, AQ and of course the music.:LB:LB:LB

I'm not sure I have that one or not....you would never believe the concert I watch the most...well...I should qualify that statement...I don't watch concerts as much as in the past...it was one I recorded off of the Palladia Channel...in pseudo HD...it was only released on DVD and it's from 2009...the performance is off the charts...love the songs...I recently looked for the DVD version and can't find one anywhere....SHE did performances like this earlier in her career and they weren't nearly this good...the one in Amsterdam(DVD)in 1996 is not nearly as good...and this is the DVD I've love to have...the amazing thing is she was 70 when she did this concert....and her energy was awesome...

For sure. I was counting earlier tonight and have about 190 concerts or so...I'd say top 3 even, right up there with The Eagles Farewell and The Doobies at Wolf Trap. It's got the 3 things you look for here, great PQ, AQ and of course the music.:LB:LB:LB

I never expect any real surround activity on these concerts...I like your choices and another I used to watch a lot(when I was watching concerts)was Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts...great intimate setting...

I never expect any real surround activity on these concerts...I like your choices and another I used to watch a lot(when I was watching concerts)was Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts...great intimate setting...
You quit watching concerts?! :eek: I'm putting on JB@RS right now! :smokin Best concert EVAR!!!! :SB

Edit: As a drummer myself, Vinnie Colaiuta is probably pretty close to my absolute favorite.

Last edited:
I'd support that. I have the CD-4 LP- it's one of those rare live mixes that's actually discrete, not just ambience. The Q8 is pretty rare and is said to be riddled with all kinds of mastering errors, such as swapped channels and phase inversion. Still it's a pretty obscure title and given that Rhino/Warner didn't see much success with The Best Of Aretha Franklin Quadio DVD, I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon.

View attachment 37076

^^ If Rhino/Warner were to give us one and only one more quad title, I'd want it to be this one (unless they could dig up some uber-rare unreleased title like the Eagles' debut or Desperado).

Well, sjcorne, now that the Queen is dead, perhaps RHINO will reconsider and release it. Funny how that Quadio title was 'supposedly' so unpopular yet it's sold out and commanding a pretty hefty sum on ebay.

I barely listen to all the surround stuff I buyo_O...have some unopened SACDs:unsure:..I have a space problem...not at the space station...at my residence...boxes of stuff all over the place:LOL:

Maybe it's time you consider that move to Mars, Clinty. Just BYOO [Bring Your Own Oxygen].

277906-movies-The_Martian-Mars.jpg

In Heavy Rotation: Bowie's Space Oddity in Auro 3D! :alien:Ground Control to Major Clint:alien:

Last edited:
Seriously? I have to tell you, in many cases I don't have even any idea what you guys are talking about. Am I the only one?

Nope...It's almost like we have to be defectives to find what we are after, in our search for our beloved surround music. Is it stereo only? Hybrid? Multi releases in various formats trying to determine which is actually the multi-channel one we are after. Sellers not having a clue sometimes about what they are selling. Ooh I could go on..but it's Christmas. This is what makes our passion the fun it is ..isn't it? And we get to talk to one another!! What more do we want? Hang on where's me Santa list..:)

That one is great as well, they set up the sound perfectly for that small venue, eh? First time I heard Tal on the bass too, what a prodigy!

Back