Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist the 8 disc UHD 4K Fast & Furious Collection [17 discs for $45....I'll give those 8 BD~V discs to a friend].

Also ordered The Big Lebowski in Native UHD 4K [20% additional off at register]. That 20% off should keep me in White Russians!

See the source image

Just noticed in that picture, The Dude's got on what looks like ladies semi-clear vinyl sandals :ROFLMAO:; that whole movie is ROFLMAO funny, and ranks right up there with "Bad Santa" as the funniest movies ever made.

Just noticed in that picture, The Dude's got on what looks like ladies semi-clear vinyl sandals :ROFLMAO:; that whole movie is ROFLMAO funny, and ranks right up there with "Bad Santa" as the funniest movies ever made.

And it should LOOK and be delightfully funnier in NATIVE UHD 4K! I love the Coen Brothers. They never disappoint. Even Barton Fink had its moments! Fargo, also is a MUST SEE. And Raising Arizona is a hoot as well.

Oh let's not forget - O Brother, Where Art Thou?, "My Hair!"

"Oh Brother Where Art Thou" would "likely" be a 2K upconvert with HDR, as the entire movie was one of the first big budget features to get an entire digital color grade, which of course is commonplace now. A native 4K release would be possible, but they would have to redo quite a bit of work.

Color grading "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?"

Do you want to hear something funny? Not funny, haha. I’ve never seen The Doors movie. It just might be the right time to purchase that 4K version.

Oliver Stone's The Doors belongs in the same club as Zodiac, Hidden Figures, JFK, Rush (Ron Howard movie) and many more. They're unreliable rubbish biopics which take more than a few liberties with the truth but at the same time are expertly crafted films and are highly enjoyable.

If you watch it like any other work of fiction you stand a better chance at being entertained. Val Kilmer gives one of his best performances and the rest of the cast is pretty excellent. I have a soft spot for Kathleen Quinlan's sexy witch. The photography is also stunning.

Enjoy!

Oliver Stone's The Doors belongs in the same club as Zodiac, They're unreliable rubbish biopics which take more than a few liberties with the truth...

actually, at the time, the Zodiac film was on the cutting edge of the facts known at the time (for instance, DNA testing was way too expensive at that time). The fact that it included many interviews in the supplements with the real life characters shows that Fincher was supremely interested in getting the facts straight.

It just so happens the facts didn't tell the whole story but you can't blame Fincher for that. At the time, EVERYONE, including those on the Zodiac forums thought Arthur Lee Allen was the Zodiac.

It just turns out now that he wasn't.

Oliver Stone's The Doors belongs in the same club as Zodiac, Hidden Figures, JFK, Rush (Ron Howard movie) and many more. They're unreliable rubbish biopics which take more than a few liberties with the truth but at the same time are expertly crafted films and are highly enjoyable.

If you watch it like any other work of fiction you stand a better chance at being entertained. Val Kilmer gives one of his best performances and the rest of the cast is pretty excellent. I have a soft spot for Kathleen Quinlan's sexy witch. The photography is also stunning.

Enjoy!

Simon, whenever I see the moniker "Based on a True Story" I always wince. I know one of the Amazon reviewers TRASHED the Doors Film explaining it in NO way captured the essence of Jim Morrison. And JFK has been thorougly debunked over the years as RUBBISH.

I just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and although Rami Malek did a more than credible job of channeling Freddie Mercury, I found it shallow and like most movie goers wanted MORE QUEEN and LESS FREDDIE although it can be rightfully said that Freddie was Queen.

It's hard to encapsulate popular personas like Freddie, JFK and Jim Morrison et alia in 2~3 hour biopics and of course to make the movie flow so many liberties are taken with the material and as the old saying goes ..... Unless you were there and knew them personally, it's purely conjecture. And from what I've heard/read and even seen firsthand on TV talk shows ..... most of those celebrities and/or musicians without scripts or stages to perform on are B O R I N G L Y V A P I D!

When I think about the infamous '27 CLUB' all I can conjure up is DRUGS, ALCOHOL and GROSS INSECURITY although I fear it's a little more complex than just that!

See the source image

See the source image

For a more comprehensive list of members of the 27 Club https://spinditty.com/artists-bands/The-dead-at-27-Club

Last edited:
Already preordered this one! My dad was an Associate Producer and Technical Advisor on this, and it’s the film he’s most proud of. The blu-ray has a bonus interview with him!

Waaaaay back when when the DVD format was new, I purchased my first DVD player. And GLORY was was my first ever DVD purchase, as it's always been a must-have title for me. Will be snagging the 4K too I'm sure.

Back