What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kari Bremnes - Togsang

Get ready for Norwegian pop! I have no idea what Ms. Bremnes was singing about, but the song is stuck inside my head.

I know, I know! She's singing something to the effect: Evil doers tried to kill quadraphonic sound, but a white knight named Marshall from a boutique label came to the rescue. Then the evil doers tried to kill it again yet to be thwarted by another hero from the UK named Michael. On top of all of this, an Australian fellow named Chucky along with someone called The Bitch and their comrads made a magic box ensuring that Quad will live forever.

I don’t know if Tools music can be described as earwormish, but their newly released song is absolutely phenomenal and these sounds would be soooo awesome in 5.1!

Since about the middle of the month and still going is CSN&Y Woodstock.

It's especially so since I finally got the lyrics right:

We are stardust, we are goin'
To get filled with tons of bourbon
And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden

Last edited:

Vulfpeck's 'Disco Ulysses'. If you like (primarily) instrumental jazz/funk/fusion do yourself a favour and check these guys YouTube page out. Not only are they incredibly talented musicians (their bass player Joe Dart, especially, is a monster) but they have a really quirky fun sense of humour that stops the music from ever taking itself too seriously. They've also worked with some great older session musicians including Bernard Purdie and David T. Walker and James Gadson amongst others.

From wikipedia:

"The band members attended University of Michigan's music school.[1] They first came together as a rhythm section for a performance at the Duderstadt Center, a university facility that houses an arts library and other resources. After reading an interview with German producer Reinhold Mack, band founder Jack Stratton conceived of Vulfpeck as an imagined German version of the U.S. session musicians of the 1960s such as Funk Brothers, Wrecking Crew, and Muscle Shoals. The idea was to channel that era of the live rhythm section.

The band's founding members are Jack Stratton on keyboards, drums and guitar, Theo Katzman on guitar, drums and vocals, Woody Goss on keyboards, and Joe Dart on bass. Regular touring partners and collaborators are Antwaun Stanley, Joey Dosik and Cory Wong. Other contributing musicians include Charles Jones, Christine Hucal, David T. Walker, Bernard Purdie, James Gadson and Blake Mills."

And my other favourite song of theirs, Dean Town (a sly homage to the title of Jaco Pastorius' Weather Report showcase track Teen Town) one of the most popular songs amongst their fanbase, as evidenced by this amazing live version where the crowd sings along to the whole track - to a song that has no words.

Vulfpeck's 'Disco Ulysses'. If you like (primarily) instrumental jazz/funk/fusion do yourself a favour and check these guys YouTube page out. Not only are they incredibly talented musicians (their bass player Joe Dart, especially, is a monster) but they have a really quirky fun sense of humour that stops the music from ever taking itself too seriously. They've also worked with some great older session musicians including Bernard Purdie and David T. Walker and James Gadson amongst others.

From wikipedia:

"The band members attended University of Michigan's music school.[1] They first came together as a rhythm section for a performance at the Duderstadt Center, a university facility that houses an arts library and other resources. After reading an interview with German producer Reinhold Mack, band founder Jack Stratton conceived of Vulfpeck as an imagined German version of the U.S. session musicians of the 1960s such as Funk Brothers, Wrecking Crew, and Muscle Shoals. The idea was to channel that era of the live rhythm section.

The band's founding members are Jack Stratton on keyboards, drums and guitar, Theo Katzman on guitar, drums and vocals, Woody Goss on keyboards, and Joe Dart on bass. Regular touring partners and collaborators are Antwaun Stanley, Joey Dosik and Cory Wong. Other contributing musicians include Charles Jones, Christine Hucal, David T. Walker, Bernard Purdie, James Gadson and Blake Mills."

And my other favourite song of theirs, Dean Town (a sly homage to the title of Jaco Pastorius' Weather Report showcase track Teen Town) one of the most popular songs amongst their fanbase, as evidenced by this amazing live version where the crowd sings along to the whole track - to a song that has no words.

TIGHT

Oil in My Lamp from The Byrds "Ballad of Easy Rider" been roiling around in my head for the last few weeks, every night before falling asleep.

Ballad of Easy Rider.jpg

I took my wife's Crosstrek to work today. It will play music off of a memory stick. I put a a lot of music on her memory stick and heard I Feel Love by Donna Summer on the way home. The Moroder synth work has been in my head, and the way it sounded in the car was incredible. It Will Not leave my head! Was there much electronic stuff like this that was done in quad? Scott

I was in my sister's car today and heard a Norwegian cover of the below song. I told my sister "I wonder what the lyrics is about" and she asked me "You never heard this song before?" Apparently, the song was a Bob Dylan original, "Make You Feel My Love" (from the album "Time Out of Mind"), but Billy Joel released the first commercially available version as "To Make You Feel My Love"....

Back