Cornelius - Mellow Waves Visuals Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thanks to Popshop for the tip;

Released on July 31, Mellow Waves Visuals is the latest Cornelius release with 5.1 mix accompanied the visuals used at his live performances along with a complete live show. His previous 5.1 releases (Sensurround & 5.1) were both excellent. His music is available to stream on most of the popular platforms so he’s easy to check out.

More info here;

https://coolestsound.jp/Cornelius_Mellow_Waves_Visuals_Blu-ray_The_First_Q/2019.07.25/012712/

There is a tour of the US west coast:

Sep 24 Tue
Echoplex
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Sep 25 Wed
Santa Monica Pier
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Sep 27 Fri
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA, United States

Sep 29 Sun
Revolution Hall
Portland, OR, United States

Sep 30 Mon
The Crocodile
Seattle, WA, United States

Oct 2 Wed
The Imperial
Vancouver, Canada

Those who are interested in the releases may wish to check out their shows, which feature amazing visuals. Also, I bet you can get the new releases at the merchandise table for way less then having them shipped from Japan.

It looks like the DVD release Cornelius "Point" also has 5.1 content. I like his other stuff. Will order this!
Point is great, both in sight and sound. I was lucky enough to find a new copy of this a few years ago. Kind of like The Power and the Glory (not musically but the presentation). Highly recommended! I wasn't aware of these new releases, so thanks Elmer, for the heads up.

Thanks to Popshop for the tip;

Released on July 31, Mellow Waves Visuals is the latest Cornelius release with 5.1 mix accompanied the visuals used at his live performances along with a complete live show. His previous 5.1 releases (Sensurround & 5.1) were both excellent. His music is available to stream on most of the popular platforms so he’s easy to check out.

More info here;

https://coolestsound.jp/Cornelius_Mellow_Waves_Visuals_Blu-ray_The_First_Q/2019.07.25/012712/

Thanks for the heads up, but do we have confirmation that there is anything actually IN surround on the Blu-Ray?

Thanks for the heads up, but do we have confirmation that there is anything actually IN surround on the Blu-Ray?

I don't read Japanese but here's a review from AmazonJP and it clearly states DTS MA HD 5.1 in the review:https://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B07S2YQKPW/ref=nosim/chipple-22

Amazon カスタマー

5つ星のうち5.0ずっと心待ちにしていました
2019年8月14日
形式: Blu-rayAmazonで購入
ついにコーネリアス初となるBlu-ray作品。Mellow Waves Visualと聞いてMV集だけかと思いきや国際フォーラムでのライブとワールドツアーのドキュメンタリーまで収録されている。
結論から言えばHD画質とDTS HD Master 5.1で聴く(観る)コーネリアスは最高でした。いつか/どこかのギターソロなんて発狂ものです。
ライブ映像の音源も素晴らしい音とミックスで収録されております。アンコールまで収録されていればいうことなしなのですがそれは仕方ないことですかね。
とにもかくにも前作まで2タイトルに分けられていたMV集とライブ映像がまとまって映像と音源のクオリティーが格段に上がりこの価格。ずっとこのような作品がリリースされるのを待っていました。大満足の商品です。
4人のお客様がこれが役に立ったと考えています
役に立った
コメント 違反を報告

Finally, the first Blu-ray movie to become Cornelius.Mellow Waves Visual I think that it is only a collection of MV and it is recorded until the world tour documentary live in the international forum.
In conclusion, HD quality and listening(watching)Cornelius in DTS HD Master 5.1 was the best.Someday / somewhere the guitar solo is going crazy.
The sound of the live video is also recorded in a wonderful sound and mix.If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
Anyway, the quality of the video and the sound source rises remarkably with the MV collection and the live video which were divided into 2 titles until the previous work together anyway, and this price.I've been waiting for this kind of work to be released.It is a product of great satisfaction.

I don't read Japanese but here's a review from AmazonJP and it clearly states DTS MA HD 5.1 in the review:https://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B07S2YQKPW/ref=nosim/chipple-22

Amazon カスタマー

5つ星のうち5.0ずっと心待ちにしていました
2019年8月14日
形式: Blu-rayAmazonで購入
ついにコーネリアス初となるBlu-ray作品。Mellow Waves Visualと聞いてMV集だけかと思いきや国際フォーラムでのライブとワールドツアーのドキュメンタリーまで収録されている。
結論から言えばHD画質とDTS HD Master 5.1で聴く(観る)コーネリアスは最高でした。いつか/どこかのギターソロなんて発狂ものです。
ライブ映像の音源も素晴らしい音とミックスで収録されております。アンコールまで収録されていればいうことなしなのですがそれは仕方ないことですかね。
とにもかくにも前作まで2タイトルに分けられていたMV集とライブ映像がまとまって映像と音源のクオリティーが格段に上がりこの価格。ずっとこのような作品がリリースされるのを待っていました。大満足の商品です。
4人のお客様がこれが役に立ったと考えています
役に立った
コメント 違反を報告

Much appreciated!

I ordered this from Amazon JP last week and it just arrived this afternoon here in CT! It’s a stunner! 5.1 24/96 DTS HD MA. Mixed by Tohru Takayama who mixed the previous Cornelius surround titles and who was nominated for the Best Surround Grammy back in 2008 for Cornelius “Sensurround.”

The mixes are both discrete and playful but not overly so - real demo quality stuff. Only the album along with visuals (stunning digital animations unto themselves) are mixed into surround. The live concert and documentary are stereo only. No worries it’s all amazing. It’s hard to categorize Cornelius’ music but Steely Dan with electronica flourishes and Beach Boy harmonies (albeit in Japanese) might work. Highly recommended!

cornelius.png

Last edited:
I have been listening to Cornelius this week, and it has reinforced my attraction to the music. I would definitely go see their show if it were closer. I looked into buying this disc, and I confess it is a bit steep coming from Japan. $57 shipped to Colorado. For one disc, that is hard to swallow. I am looking for alternatives. We shall see. If reasonable, I would buy it today.

I have been listening to Cornelius this week, and it has reinforced my attraction to the music. I would definitely go see their show if it were closer. I looked into buying this disc, and I confess it is a bit steep coming from Japan. $57 shipped to Colorado. For one disc, that is hard to swallow. I am looking for alternatives. We shall see. If reasonable, I would buy it today.
Understandable - it is a Japan only import so I don’t see the price coming down much - I will say however that this is a stellar surround release - even the live concert which is LPCM 24/96 stereo is spectacular - and I have paid far more for less.

How do I buy from Amazon JP? Do I need to create a new account? My Amazon US login does not appear to work. Apologies for the off-topic.
Edit: seems I need a separate account.

Last edited:
Back