12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Ray Conniff, Dottie West, Charlie Rich and Ronnie Milsap from this batch of releases. I received them in 9 days from order!! That's a record (lmao) for me. I used their cheapest shipment choice. :)

Also, ordered 4 and they arrived in perfect condition...in fact they used a package that was perfect, very sturdy. :)

At the very least bynhof, you have a NEW pen pal in Simon @ D~V. Told you they never disappoint. Remember one thing: D~V has put out more old 70 QUADS than ALL the other reissue companies COMBINED and at 1990 prices.

And hopefully, they're just getting started!
Yes, I've bought about a third of those and will continue to buy anything I enjoy listening to. There have been a few like Chase and Deodata that I had never heard of, but quite liked when I sampled their music before buying the SACDs.

I ended up receiving both the original order and the replacement which I returned to Vocalion today. Ground mail took about 6 weeks and Express 2, but usually it's much quicker than that. Custom delays could also be a factor. This time I got Chase, Tomita and the Bernard Herrmann film scores, all great releases.

Well, with the recent drought of surround releases, I finally broke down and purchased all 10 of DV's most recent batch of surround releases. While there really aren't any in the batch that I'm particularly interested in, I always find my self pleasantly surprised when I finally sit down to listen to one of the more obscure DV Quad releases. As long as they can keep mining the vaults for mixes with quality surround and fidelity (as they have been), I'll continue to purchase them!

Well, with the recent drought of surround releases, I finally broke down and purchased all 10 of DV's most recent batch of surround releases. While there really aren't any in the batch that I'm particularly interested in, I always find my self pleasantly surprised when I finally sit down to listen to one of the more obscure DV Quad releases. As long as they can keep mining the vaults for mixes with quality surround and fidelity (as they have been), I'll continue to purchase them!

bravo mixmeister! :love:

(it was so long ago now i can't remember! o_O )...
was Tomita in the last batch?
if so, get ready for a surround ride! :SB

my favourites of the last lot were the Tomita, Percy F's New Thing (fabulous mix by the bloke who did the Bread/David Gates Quads.. he also did the incredible Quad of Stardrive with Robert Mason "Intergalactic Trot" that i hope Rhino or someone might reissue someday!!), Mauriat's Bimbo, Stolen Goods & Viva Vivaldi and Hangin' Out With Henry M. the Country offerings were no slouches either, the sound quality is lovely on the Ronnie Milsap in particular.. but Tomita, hangin' with Henry, Percy's Thing and the uber-kitsch Teleny/Stratta 2-fer really float me boat, i hope they float yours too!! 🚣‍♀️

Looks like the Tomita Ravel is unavailable for purchase - ‘Sorry, this product is not currently available’

i’m sure this will get a repress
It's actually a good sign when things run out and require a repress. It means that they are selling some units, and they won't be stuck with dead stock heading for dang Family Dollar store with a brutal saw mark on the spine at .99 each.

And if they don't get a repress, one just has to move quickly on the secondary market to secure a copy or maybe two. It's all good!

I need to hold off on my super-order a week or two because I sprang for the Chris Squire super-deluxe (minor mistake) while waiting for DV to make the big-announcement.

Now watch how my choices become “not currently available / out of stock” right when I get ready to order.

Back