12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomita - Ravel: Daphnis et Chloé
Henry Mancini - Hangin' Out with Henry Mancini & Theme from "Z" and Other Film Music
Ronnie Milsap - Pure Love & A Legend in My Time
Charlie Rich - The Silver Fox & Very Special Love Songs
Dottie West - House of Love & If it's All Right with You/Just What I've Been Looking For
Dr Teleny's Incredible Plugged-in Orchestra/Ettore Stratta & the Baroque Pops - Stolen Goods & Viva Vivaldi
Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops - Up, Up and Away & Fiedler's Choice
Ray Conniff - The Happy Sound & Love Story
Percy Faith - New Thing & Black Magic Woman
Paul Mauriat - El Bimbo & Toccata
Caravelli • Caravelli at San Remo & J’aime
Gaah! I might have to buy every single one of those....... Ronnie Milsap, Charile Rich and Dottie West? Wow.....

Look Adam, Charlie Rich!!! That will be epic.... woo-hoo!! :SB

1544620196623.png
1544620263690.png

Gaah! I might have to buy every single one of those....... Ronnie Milsap, Charile Rich and Dottie West? Wow.....

Look Adam, Charlie Rich!!! That will be epic.... woo-hoo!! :SB

yes Gene! Epic Records epic! :love:

while they're not my favourite Charlie Rich Quads i'll still be getting the SACD, "The Silver Fox" is a bit heavy on 'narration' for me but "Very Special Love Songs" is very good.
tbh I'm most excited at the prospect of Hangin' Out with Mancini as its got that cool MFSB track on it! :LB

the Faith's & Conniff's should be good from a surround point of view, especially The Happy Sound Of Ray Conniff as it was one of those CBS Quads recorded from the ground up with Quad in mind.

Almost all of the others are new to me, I never got the Ronnie Milsap or Dottie West Quads and the other Pop/Classical things just didn't appeal when i was getting old Quad records and tapes but I'll pick them up now to check them out fresh from the master tapes.

are these all on pre-order for release in January or are some available to buy right now?

Back