BluRay Music Video Poll Return to Forever - LIVE IN MONTREUX [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Disc of Return to Forever - LIVE IN MONTREUX

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this Blu-Ray Surround Sound Concert Disc (n):phones(y)

Attachments

• Return to Foreve&#11.jpg
    Return to Foreve&#11.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 476
terrific stuff! the mix is a bit strange-the surround part-overall this is the music all the top rock artists of the 70's were lisening to. every member is tops in their instrument both accomplished and knowledgeable wise, al DiMeola hand-picked from (Berklee) (corrected) by Chick Chorea for this band, this video is a must have for any collection

Last edited:
terrific stuff! the mix is a bit strange-the surround part-overall this is the music all the top rock artists of the 70's were lisening to. every member is tops in thier instrument both acomplished and knowlgeable wise, al dimeola hand picked from juliard by chick chorea for this band, this video is a must have for any collection

I completely agree with your assessment but just a small correction, - Al Di Meola never attended Julliard - he was a student at the Berklee School Of Music in Boston and playing with the Barry Miles Quartet when a tape of his playing came to the attention of Chick Corea - a week after auditioning, he made his debut with RTF at Carnegie Hall - not bad for a 19 year old! Carry on...

yes yes my error. what a show! still in awe over the talent on one small stage. observation-after all this time and still only 1 reply besides me. this band was the music that all the rock bands around in the 70's were listening to. I find it sad that music tastes are dictated by the industry rather than -well- true talent.

Wow - talk about a delayed reaction - completely agree with you however. Very sad indeed that music and recordings of this caliber are not only ignored by the general public but by a large majority of the members of this forum!

Wow - talk about a delayed reaction - completely agree with you however. Very sad indeed that music and recordings of this caliber are not only ignored by the general public but by a large majority of the members of this forum!
yeh it was quite a long time, I was "grounded" off the computer by my kids. You hit the 'nail" right on mark. By the responses regarding this disc. I've one friend who upon hearing it stated "all I hear is tink tink tink"
May I also mention again, this site is my sanity! TG it exsisits, or I would be nutso. I personally know no one in my area who is aware of what is not only available in the way of music but quad, high-rez and multi-channel. I remember going to one of the last independent record stores and inquiring on dvd-a sacd and getting the"look" tsk tsk tsk. also check out electric band another fantastic lineup of truly talented people that is sadly ignored by those who think talent is lady gaga

Resurrecting this thread as i'm about to pull the trigger on this, needing more RTD multi channel! Is there a big difference in sound between the blu ray and dvd?

thanks

I completely agree with your assessment but just a small correction, - Al Di Meola never attended Julliard - he was a student at the Berklee School Of Music in Boston and playing with the Barry Miles Quartet when a tape of his playing came to the attention of Chick Corea - a week after auditioning, he made his debut with RTF at Carnegie Hall - not bad for a 19 year old! Carry on...
correction, Berklee don't get old u forget shit

There was two releases of the same show, one CD I bought also, not done at Montreux and that show on the video in my estimation they were on the money. 100%. Same songs on both media, but the Montreux show was like "perfect" what can I say? I'm an avid fan anyway, so my opins are slanted a bit on it.
It's the little things, how they work together, the little fills by Stanley missing from the CD,
Best way I can put it is you have good and bad days, they had a very good day that show. Very good.
hope that helps

Finally had a chance to give this a few spins and the blu ray sound and music choices are stunning. Some of my favourite tracks are on here and i've not seen a band of virtuoso's like these guys before.
Tempted to jump on 'the Mothership Returns' set as well although it doesnt have the classic line up

Last edited:
Like I said, have two different shows, same music, just one was in Florida. (the CD) man! They were on the night in Montreux!! Just the little subtle fills by Stan, and the Back and forth of Al and Chick on "Sorceress" I'm just blown away by it. If you like this, try the 'Electric Band" John Pattaticci, Dave Weckl, Frank Gambele- man what a band, from 04 at of course at Montreux

Back