DVD/DTS Poll Cave, Nick & The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part [DTS 96-24/DD DVD+CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Nick Cave & TBS - NO MORE SHALL WE PART

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Conten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments on Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part (DTS96/24 Dolby) DVD(y)(n)

Attachments

• nick cave no more.jpg
    nick cave no more.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 313
Nice touch to include videos to load on your mp3 players, pity the bonus tracks are only 128k mp3s though.....

It would be nice if the PT/KC/etc.... DVD-As releases did this also :D

The mix is quite ambient, but not totally, now and then you get something in the rears.

It really gives the music (Piano and violin in particular) lots of "air".

I gave this one an 8.

I've always had some mixed feelings about this album. I think there's a lot of very strong writing on it but always thought that maybe he wrote/recorded some of the songs in a key that didn't work with his voice very well - he sounds like he's straining to find the right note sometimes and comes off a bit "whiny." That's okay in a few songs but he's done it in a few too many here.

Next to Boatman's Call (have not played the 5.1 mix of that one yet) this is probably his most subdued and mellow album so I was not really expecting a very aggressive 5.1 mix here. It does give the songs a lot of room but I think a little more use of the rears may have been effective, especially in the few louder/uptempo bits.

Just picked up this disc at a local record store today, so hopefully I will get a chance to listen and vote very soon! :)

Back