2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Hendrix CD's are of course BLu Spec CD's from Japan but I think this is better because of the raw power I am getting.

Of course, they're blu spec RBCDs, Markie.....only the very best for my 'esteemed' California raisin. Mine are aluminum.........made from Reynolds Wrap foil!

Great disc, you should buy it. I compared the stereo to my Blu Spec CD from Japan, much better than the BS-CD. I keep coming up with one word very powerful stereo, holds up well played loud, the best version I have ever heard and been listening to Hendrix from day one, was big on FM radio in San Francisco. Dynamic range is an average of 12 vs the Japanese version has an average of 10.
I think, but I have to listen more, I actually like the MONO tracks better, Dynamic Range is same as stereo but the stereo has a slight bright sound that the mono doesn't. The guitar comes very strong and straight ahead in the mono whereas the stereo is to the left or right. The bass is exceptional in the stereo, never heard it so good.
Great purchase, glad I have it, love it, and even better to be able to listen and experience the awesome sound of what Jimi Hendrix had his hand in.
Had no expectations on the mono and very pleased. No tape hiss.
I advise going opposite of what you might normally do and listen to the mono first.
This is the first disc that I ripped and have listened to only as a 5644 DSF file. JRiver software as my player at 77.0db both stereo and mono. USB connected to my external DAC at DSD 64.

While the mono is indeed fine, yet another speaker never hurts :cool:

Gave Axis a good listen last night, and the sound was indeed all you could hope for! However, I guess it made me more aware of some of the album's musical weaknesses -- seems rather dashed together. The beginning freakout was a period piece (not that I object, hey, I'm a Moodies fan) but should have gone into another opening tune (spaciness into a shuffle? What were they thinking?).

And Little Wing -- what a fantastic song, the best on the album, and maybe one of Jimi's best. Perhaps it was meant to be a single, but making it rather short and ending on a fade -- the song really calls for a strong finish -- is disappointing.

And I don't mind (in fact, relish) the mixing that sent Jimi's voice all around the room, one minute whispering into your left ear, while next forcefully in front, and the instruments appearing haphazardly here and there at varying distances, but the abruptness was sometimes distracting from the music.

There. Said it. With a little better tracking, this could have been a stronger album, but as it is, the sound is fantastic, it's Jimi, and all worth having!

how's the Stereo pan out on these discs when run thru something like the Involve mode of the Surround Master, or ProLogic II Music?

(asking for a friend.. from whom i'm hoping to get the info, soon! ;) )

how's the Stereo pan out on these discs when run thru something like the Involve mode of the Surround Master, or ProLogic II Music?

(asking for a friend.. from whom i'm hoping to get the info, soon! ;) )

PL II certainly made good use of my wides!!! It felt a bit 3d like the current movies: the depth is in front of you, not in back.

The new Axis Bold as Love SACD sounds terrific. I'm really happy to get a well-mastered hi-res stereo release, but It was the inclusion of the mono that clinched it for me. I always enjoy hearing the different choices made between the stereo and mono mixes of the 60's.

This is my favorite Hendrix, and sounds great, i just wish this had been mix in surround, the music was made for surround, all that swirling back and forth between the speakers, maybe someday.

I finally played the Stereo/Mono Remastered SACD of Axis: Bold As Love early this morning.......WOW! I never heard it sound this amazing. I much preferred the stereo mix over the MONO and it decoded very well through my DSP Super mode but truth be told....if you crank this puppy at a robust volume in PURE STEREO MODE it sounds astounding.....VERY TRIPPY! HENDRIX IS RIGHT THERE! A LONG TIME COMING BUT Analogue Productions made it worth the wait.

The recent SONY 2 disc [w/DVD] RBCD remaster pales in comparison.

Last edited:
Just got my copy of Axis today, all I can say is .... PURE JOY! The attack of the guitar, the precision of the drums, the thumping bass, the vocal sonics ... superb sounds. I've only listened to the stereo version so far, will do mono next. And just to think he did it upside down and backwards. I can't wait until Friday...
Technically, he didn’t ‘do it upside down and backwards’. Although he did primarily play a right handed Stratocaster upside down, the nut was reversed so that the low E string (the thickest string) is at the top of the guitar, like any normal guitar. True upside down players include Albert King & Doyle Bramhall.

Damn. Another one to buy. :) still waiting to get back to Australia so I can listen to the White Album and Electric Ladyland and whatever else I may have ordered before going overseas....

The SACDs of Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced" and Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" are both scheduled for release at end of December.

Last edited:
The SACDs of Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced" and Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" are both scheduled for released at end of December.

Don't count on the "Are You Experienced" stereo SACD being released at the end of December....Music Direct has 12/28 and before that it was 11/30....and it's not their fault as they are just going by what they are told....but the real indicator will be when Acoustic Sounds posts the release date...this is an AP release and they will get it before other outlets...

Don't count on the "Are You Experienced" stereo SACD being released at the end of December....Music Direct has 12/28 and before that it was 11/30....and it's not their fault as they are just going by what they are told....but the real indicator will be when Acoustic Sounds posts the release date...this is an AP release and they will get it before other outlets...

Elusive Disc has it coming out at the end of January 2019.
It has no firm date at Acoustic Sounds yet. I'd predict a 2019 release.

Are You Experienced SACD at Elusive Disc.png

http://www.elusivedisc.com/The-Jimi...ybrid-Stereo_Mono-SACD/productinfo/APSA19782/

Ordered the "Are You Experienced" very early seems like almost just after buying the LP in 67 been twidling my thumbs so long I can play the solo from "In a Gadda da Vida" better than Ron Bushy now.

All I can think about is when Steve Hoffman was asked if he ever heard any of the Jimi Hendrix Master Tapes ..... and he answered "Are You Experienced" and he quipped [paraphrased] "I wasn't Impressed..... sounded terrible."

Back