2 Vintage Sansui QSD-1 QS Units up for Auction.....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
These are at Japanese Auction site jauce I thought someone might be interested …..
BBQ....
( https://www.jauce.com/user/goodtransaction26?search=4ch )

d2_5da90ed8580af.jpg
da90dd3598ec.jpg

I saw those on Yahoo Auctions too. I was almost tempted to try one to see if it could be altered into a Matrix H decoder or something along those lines as I already got mine there years ago.

I see that the last two pictures are of a QSE-4 encoder. I do not see it in their listings and am wondering iof they are using old stock photos or if the encoder is coming later.

I see that the last two pictures are of a QSE-4 encoder. I do not see it in their listings and am wondering iof they are using old stock photos or if the encoder is coming later.

Hi. Circular Vibes

Good picking that out, they must of got there photos mixed up. I think the QSE-4 Unit is a Encoder not a decoder..
BBQ...

Or are the tags mixed up on one unit, one picture shows the 4-channel output, same as the QSD-1, but unit is tagged QSE-4?

Par4ken, if you are right, either that is one heck of a rare mix up or there is a rogue encoder with a wrong label or none at all.
Yes, an encoder wouldn't likely have a four channel output, all the pictures look like the QSD-1, except for the tag. I don't see the serial number sticker either, the other unit has one. Did someone work on the second unit and swapped tags for some strange reason? Who knows?

Back