Quad LP/Tape Poll Peebles, Ann: I Can't Stand the Rain [Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "I Can't Stand the Rain"

• 10: The best!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 66.7%

Votes: 1 33.3%

• 5: So-So

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Hi L-72079 (Q8) and J-12079 (Q4) from 1974. The original stereo vinyl issued as Hi XSHL 32079.

Program 1:

I Can't Stand the Rain
Do I Need You
Until You Came into My Life
(You Keep Me) Hangin' On
Run, Run, Run

Program 2:

If We Can't Trust Each Other
A Love Vibration
You Got to Feed the Fire
I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down
One Way Street

ED :)

Hmm... interesting!!!
Was just asking myself if the first song is the same as the one Lowell George covered...and YES it is!!!
I LOOOOVE his TIEIH LP so there must be some similarity...
Only Q4 and Q8.????
well, can't see that entering my house..nothing to play it on...

I really love Al Green and this is just like one of those with female vocals. Great playing and feel and nice mix. 9

I found Hi's catalog to be very solid when ignoring the rote work of Bill Black's Combo and Ace Cannon (although they were Hi's best selling acts before Al Green came along).

Ann Peebles was never well known, unfortunately; talented but never got wide airplay, because even the title hit here, great as it is (and yes, that's the usual Al Green/Willie Mitchell backing band behind her) barely scraped the pop Top 40 (it was a top ten soul hit, of course).

And there are four chart hits: title track, "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down," "(You Keep Me) Hangin' On" and "Do I Need You."

A '9' here, also.

ED :)

I know the title track from Annie Lennox's version so when i saw this was around in quad I found a R2R conversion and its pretty good, sound 7 content 8 quadness immersion 6 so Im thinking a 7

Back