Quad LP/Tape Poll Marvin, Welch & Farrar - Second Opinion [SQ](UK)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SQ LP of Marvin, Welch and Farrar - SECOND OPINION

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 5: Mediocre

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Sonics, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Here's a pretty rare disc that was released in the UK back in the '70s. Since it's a rare beast, I don't expect many responses here, but Simon A asked if I would create a poll for it and I agreed. So let's hear it from all of those who actually have heard this one. For the rest of you, see if you can find one! :music

Marvin, Welch & Farrar - Second Opinion.jpg
scan provided by 'Simon A'

I pulled mine out and gave it a spin
I have not played it for a long time
The songs are of there time maybe a bit dated
Ronnie a track on it about 45 year old simple man a bit sad but true
I was a Cliff Richard and Shadows fan years ogo
A nice LP

Ron

Being a fan of John Farrar -- Olivia Newton-John's producer/writer/bassist/guitarist/keyboardist/background vocalist/arranger/engineer/friend/??? -- I've always wanted to hear this. In quad, of course. I really like Farrar's 1980 solo album, comtaining several songs that ended up on Neeton-John's smash Physical.

Like all Quad LPs
They are rare But some are rarer than others
I have seen it on E/bay about twice in the last year

Yes, some , or most of the songs sound dated , but , overall I find it a very good effort musically wise.

Great songs- a "British" version of "Bread".

Very enjoyable if you like this kind of music.

The mix is typical early 70s , but, according to some poll or statement from the engineers at Abbey Road (where it was recordeed and mixed), this is the best sounding LP that ever came out at that time that was recorded there.

I'd give it an 8.

New Zealand - World Record Club Pressing - SLZ 8491 - Runout QRZA 8504 A-1 & QRZA 8504 B-1
MWFCover (450 x 454).jpg
MWFTrks (450 x 440).jpg
MWFLabel (450 x 411).jpg

I have a beautiful copy of this one. It's really that rare, Jon?

Well Larry, relatively speaking, especially here in the USA, the British SQ and CD-4 releases are rare for us. I don't really remember ever seeing any of them in record stores back then other than the Pink Floyd's and Lennon's Imagine (and of course the Angel/EMI classical stuff)

Pleasant if unimaginative soft rock from the UK (decent mix, too), enjoyable in its modest way. I have a few of the group's UK 45's, but neither of their pair of albums, and not sure they ever had a US release, even on 45.

ED :)

That's good to know, since I totally missed out on them back in '70, '71; and even now I can't remember ever coming across an album of theirs in my travels.

ED :)

Back