HiRez Poll Conniff, Ray - THEME FROM S.W.A.T. AND OTHER TV THEMES & SEND IN THE CLOWNS [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Ray Conniff - THEME FROM S.W.A.T. & SEND IN THE CLOWNS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2017 Multichannel SACD release from Dutton Vocalion featuring two of Ray Conniff's classic albums, "Theme from S.W.A.T. and Other TV Themes" & "Send in the Clowns". The SACD features the classic 1970s Quadraphonic mixes of both albums.

(n) :) (y)

Theme from S.W.A.T., Welcome Back, Happy Days, Mary Tyler Moore, M*A*S*H, Laverne and Shirley and Other TV Themes
1. Police Story (Goldsmith)
2. Happy Days (Fox; Gimbel)
3. The Young and the Restless (DeVorzon; Botkin)
4. Baretta’s Theme (Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow) (Grusin; Ames)
5. Welcome Back (Sebastian) theme from Welcome Back, Kotter
6. S.W.A.T. (DeVorzon)
7. Love is All Around (Curtis) theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show
8. Mystery Movie Theme (Mancini) Jackie Allen (vocal)
9. M*A*S*H (Suicide is Painless) (Mandel; Altman)
10. Making Our Dreams Come True (Fox; Gimbel) theme from Laverne and Shirley

Send in the Clowns
11. S.W.A.T. (DeVorzon)
12. Memories are Made of This (Miller; Dehr; Gilkyson)
13. Lonely Night (Angel Face) (Sedaka)
14. Vera’s Theme (Conniff) Ray Conniff & Pete Jolly (pianos)
15. Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover (Simon)
16. Send in the Clowns (Sondheim) from the musical A Little Night Music
17. Moments to Remember (Allen; Stillman)
18. Do You Know Where You’re Going to (Masser; Goffin) theme from the film Mahogany
19. Love’s Theme (White; Schroeder)
20. All by Myself (Carmen)

Multi-ch Stereo
All tracks available in stereo and multi-channel

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

CDLK4615

810OpO4ElyL._SL1418_.jpg

A pair of Ray Conniff Quad albums from the '70s. Featuring excellent Surround Sound production and sound quality.
Definitely worth a purchase by Ray Conniff fans.

My only question: Why does the Theme from S.W.A.T. get featured on both albums in this SACD Surround Sound two-fer? :)

Rating: 10

A pair of Ray Conniff Quad albums from the '70s. Featuring excellent Surround Sound production and sound quality.
Definitely worth a purchase by Ray Conniff fans.

My only question: Why does the Theme from S.W.A.T. get featured on both albums in this SACD Surround Sound two-fer? :)

Rating: 10

This SACD reproduces both albums exactly as they were released. Theme from S.W.A.T. was first featured on Send In The Clowns. At the time albums featuring TV and Movie themes were quite popular (a trend started in the late 50's) so perhaps this was to capitalize on the TV Show's success and also to compete with Henry Mancini's The Cop Show Themes album as both albums came out in 1976.

Happen I must be growing old or something. Three Ray Conniff SACDs and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them.

Their version of Memories Are Made Of This is pretty good.

Impeccable arrangements, production, and execution in conjunction with first class quadraphonic mix and top notch sound.

A 10.

I voted an 8, really enjoyable. Great quad mixes . Just not overly fond of the music. Still i do like it and would buy more. I really liked DV's first Ray Conniff laughter in the rain and love will keep us better.

This is my favorite of the three Conniff SACDs released to date. Two very solid albums.

While I’m not really crazy about TV Themes as a concept for an album, the arrangements, performances and mixes are outstanding. The only track that makes me cringe a bit is Happy Days, although hearing it in quad is more tolerable than stereo.

Send In The Clowns is also well done. Much of Pete Jolly's piano work (e.g. on Vera's Theme) was barely audible in the stereo mix so it's a delight to hear it on the quad mix. There isn’t a bad track on the album.

Conniff recorded “Remembering You” (closing theme from All Is The Family) during the TV Themes sessions but they decided to reissue SWAT instead when releasing the Lp. It’s a shame they couldn’t have restored it for the SACD rather than including SWAT twice.

This is a 10 in my book.

Back