HiRez Poll CASABLANCA (Classic Film Scores For Humphrey Bogart) [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of CASABLANCA (Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2020 Multichannel SACD release from Dutton Vocalion of the album "Casablanca (Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart)".

(y) :)(n)

LP ARL1 0422 (1974) STEREO
ARD1 0422 QUADRAPHONIC

1: Casablanca – Suite (Max Steiner)
Main Title – The Immigrants – Morocco – “Sam, I thought I told you never to play …” – As Time Goes By – Flashback – Rick Remembers Paris – Love Scene – The Airport – Major Strasser’s Death – “… the beginning of a beautiful friendship”

2: Passage to Marseille (Max Steiner)
Rescue at Sea

3: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre – Suite (Max Steiner)
Main Title – The Trek to the Gold – Fool’s Gold – The Letter – Finale: The Gold Scatters in the Wind

4: The Big Sleep (Max Steiner)
Love Themes

5: The Caine Mutiny (Max Steiner)
March

6: To Have and Have Not (Franz Waxman)
Main Title – Martinique

7: The Two Mrs Carrolls – Suite (Franz Waxman)
Main Title – The Embrace – The Storm – The Poisoned Milk – The Window – Geoffrey’s Madness – Finale

8: Sabrina (Frederick Hollander)
Main Title – The Larrabee Estate

9: The Left Hand of God (Victor Young)
Love Theme

10: Sahara (Miklós Rózsa)
Main Title

11: Virginia City (Max Steiner)
Stagecoach – Love Scene

12: Key Largo – Suite (Max Steiner)
Main Title – The Bridge – McCloud and Mr Temple – Reminiscence – Morning – Finale

BONUS TRACK
From THE SPECTACULAR WORLD OF CLASSIC FILM SCORES
LP RL 42005 (1977) STEREO
13: Peyton Place (Franz Waxman; Paul Francis Webster)
Original Main Title

NATIONAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
conducted by CHARLES GERHARDT

Remastered from the original analogue tapes by Michael J. Dutton

Multi-ch Stereo
Tracks 1 - 12 available in stereo and multi-channel

Tracks 13 available in stereo ONLY

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

CDLK4639

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Like ALL the Quadraphonic discs in RCA's SUPERB Charles Gerhardt film series, Casablanca: Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart is no exception.

Always tastefully discrete and engineered by the sublime Kenneth Wilkinson in the superb acoustics of London's Kingsway Hall, these timeless themes have withstood the test of time......and are in fact Timeless!

Another PERFECT 10
and many thanks to Michael Dutton for rendering this Gerhardt film series in such sonically superior remasterings!

See the source image

Charles Gerhardt

Last edited:
OMG! I have to get this disc. I'm a huge Humphrey Bogart fan. I've got 72 of his movies (can't locate the remaining three). My avatar is his touch tip lighter from The Maltese Falcon (I own a mint condition identical model along with two different versions of the bird itself).

I've got versions of some if his movie songs, particularly from Casablanca, but a multi-channel version would be awesome indeed.

I guess I should have worked my way through older threads sooner. ;)

Last edited:
Great sounding orchestra, sweet sound with a good definition without being drowned in reverb. Spatial placement is nice and feels natural envelopping you within a buble of an orchestra. My only remark will be that I don't get that 13rd track if I don't switch layer, which led me to get down to 9. But really, a fine album.

Last edited:
Back