2ch & MONO SACD'S You're Waiting On

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Rod Stewart's SHM-SACD (Black Friday sale) of Every Picture Tells a Story after reading rave reviews all over the internet. I have the CD - I believe Japanese pressing – in the cardboard cover and its super muddy. I am hoping the SACD is as good as reviewers say, since early Rod has been a favourite since I purchased Never A Dull Moment in my early teens as my first ever LP.
I have a new 2-Channel set up that is blowing me away with the sound quality. Simple set up – Oppo BDP-93 hooked into my powered Kanto iPair speakers. After some tweaking with the base, I am rediscovering my 2-channel SACDs and how good they can sound. Michael Jackson Thriller, Holly Cole doing Tom Waits covers "Temptation", Carmina Burrana ..... My Gold CD of Rod Stewart's Never a Dull Moment is excellent as well as regular CDs like Adelle....

Would love to hear your thoughts on Every Picture SACD. Been considering pulling the trigger on that. MoFi Gold CD has been my go-to version.
I will report back once I get it in my hands and listened a couple of times. I can't compare to the MOFI GOLD but I could compare to the MOFI - Never a Dull Moment and Nod Is AS Good as a Wink... Faces MOFI Gold.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Every Picture SACD. Been considering pulling the trigger on that. MoFi Gold CD has been my go-to version.
Hi Linda. I got the Rod Stewart SHM SACD and have listened to it three times now. Quiet and louder lol. It's good. I would say very very good but I have not done a full comparison yet. On its own, it's very clean. Sound separation is excellent and I can pick up the finer sound of the instruments. I have only listened to it on my stereo set up but hope to have a good listen on the main system today and will report back. If you can get it on sale, I would not hesitate.

Hi Linda. I got the Rod Stewart SHM SACD and have listened to it three times now. Quiet and louder lol. It's good. I would say very very good but I have not done a full comparison yet. On its own, it's very clean. Sound separation is excellent and I can pick up the finer sound of the instruments. I have only listened to it on my stereo set up but hope to have a good listen on the main system today and will report back. If you can get it on sale, I would not hesitate.
Okay I have listened to it a couple of times on my main system and I am even more impressed. The sound is clean, particularly the highs. I compared it to another Japanese version I have with a cardboard sleeve and black CD. It's certainly has a cleaner sound. I can't imagine getting any better sound out of the album so if you can find a good deal on it, I would grab it if it's a favourite. I believe the album I compared it with might be this one Rod Stewart - Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story 1998 Japan Mini LP CD | eBay

Swiss Movement - Eddie Harris & Les McCann
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Deja Vu
Giant Steps
Blue & Ladies of the Canyon
John Prine
In the Right Place - Dr. John
Good as I Been to You - the Zim

and still waiting on:
Study in Brown - Clifford Brown
Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
Village Vanguard - Coltrane