HiRez Poll Tyrell, Steve - STANDARD TIME [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Steve Tyrell - STANDARD TIME

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
ahh.. there's a blast from the past! 🤩 i spot my old copy up there in the pics (i'd recognise that old butcher's block kitchen top in the background anywhere! 😂 ) although i cannibalised mine, nicked the gold slip case and gold sticker and used them on another Sony Single Layer MCh SACD i liked/valued more highly (shock horror! 😱😅😆 ).. i need to revisit this one as it has been many years since i last span it but i don't remember it being all that scintillating.. i have a vague recollection the mix was alright but that his rather husky voice got on my thru'penny bits somewhat! 😂 i'll try it soon as poss and post back 👍

I picked this one up mostly on the strength of the Bill Schnee mixing credit (he did the amazing '70s quad mix of Art Garfunkel's Breakaway). I can't disagree with what's been said upthread, the fidelity is excellent and the music itself is something of an acquired taste. The 5.1 mix is what I'd call 'big stereo' - there's a number of elements (lead vocal, drums & bass) exclusively in the front speakers and a few positioned between front & rear (strings, horns), but nothing exclusively in the rear speakers. Overall, this is "6" or "7" territory for me.

Back