HiRez Poll Booka Shade - Movements [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Booka Shade - Movements

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Easy 10 here. Fritz Hilpert is a total pro with atmos mixes. Very engaging content in every speaker across the entire album. If you have heard the other Booka Shade albums or Kraftwerk 3d you know what to expect. The tracks are full in depth of sound, being comprised of many electronic instruments and layers that are easy to position all around. A reference release for sure.

I like the way these blu rays are released. $22 is a fair price for one album, and with that you get the Dolby Atmos mix, original stereo mix, and a headphone binaural atmos mix, like what you get when streaming with headphones. No video content, no extra tracks, no vinyl record or statues or postcards, just the album on blu ray. Other bands need to take note (cough cough rush).

Track wise Movements is a club oriented album, more like Dear Future Self. Probably not everyone prefered genre, but whatever, lots of fun to crank for electronic lovers. Key tracks are Body Language (probably their most famous track, although this is different from the Booka Shade vs. MANDY version that most would be familiar with.), Mandarine Girl, Wasting Time, and In White Rooms.

Hopefully more to follow. An atmos mix of More! or Eve would make my year, and it's strange that Both was seemingly passed over. And it's a huge stretch but the Yaruba 1 & 2 eps would be amazing too.

My interest in surround led me on the trail of Booka shade with their album “Dear future self”. It was recommended by enthusiasts and I must confess that I regularly listen to it. Now there is a this new adaptation of their album “Movements”. An album from 2006 that apparently did well in Europe during the house wave. I, as an old (prog) rocker, have heard (through my children) all kinds of things from that house scene and I must confess that I could tolerate and even appreciate many of those cheerful beats and sounds. The same thing is happening to me now with this reissue. Listened to the fresh mix of tunes in surround a few times. It gets more and more fun! I reward it with a 9.

Back