HiRez Poll Katatonia - SKY VOID OF STARS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Katatonia - SKY VOID OF STARS

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2023 release from the band Katatonia entitled "Sky Void Of Stars".
The limited-edition deluxe set from Napalm Records includes a Blu-Ray disc with Dolby Atmos & 5.1 surround mixes by Bruce Soord.
Additionally, 48-khz/24-bit lossless 5.1 FLAC and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos MKV files can be purchased at Immersive Audio Album.

77652_katatonia_sky_void_of_stars_wooden_box.jpeg

katatonia.jpg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rs-coming-1-20-23-with-dolby-atmos-mix.33093/

I'm giving this a 9, primarily for the excellent Atmos and 5.1 mixes by Bruce Soord, and musically a real improvement over City Burials. Deducted a point for packaging which in my view is no value asset. It's so tiresome that record companies are set on using gimmicks like awkwardly sized wooden boxes and other trinkets to sell the music at jacked up prices. Just give us a blu-ray or BD/CD combo in standard cases and charge a "fair" price instead of peddling limited edition junk. But I know I'm howling into the wind. Nevertheless, a great return to musical form for the band, with great surround mixes by Bruce Soord. Definitely worth having - just too bad about the price and the packaging.

Back