HiRez Poll Mancini, Henry - ULTIMATE MANCINI [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Henry Mancini - THE ULTIMATE MANCINI

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments and observations! (y) :phones (n)

Mancini SACD Ultimate Front.jpgMancini SACD Ultimate Back.jpg

Last edited:
I am not a fan of this style of music, so i won't vote on it. But i did buy it, mostly hopping there would be mostly the jazzier sounds, like The pink Panther {which was very good}. But there was too much orchrestral music with vocals, which i didn't care for at all. Over all i didn't like it, and sold it.

I agree. I picked this up for $4 (Newbury Comics, Boston MA) and the $4 covers the cost of the excellent Pink Panther theme. The rest is beautifully recorded, but is extremely mellow for my tastes. The Peter Gunn theme is pretty tepid too; I prefer the original stereo version on an old RCA CD that I have.

Well, I think some of the reviews on that site are totally fake to enhance sales through the links provided.

This is like to different albums mashed up and I happen to like just the instrumental, jazzier part. It's only three songs, but I'd bought this title again, if only for The Pink Panther Theme - one of the definite demo songs to me. It's almost perfect in surround, when the brass section is coming at you from the rears. Saaaaaaah! Errrm, a seven.

Back