DVD/DTS Poll Destiny's Child - Destiny Fulfilled [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Destiny's Child - DESTINY FULFILLED

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
I always thought surround sound would be better for genres like r&b, hip-hop, techno, electronica, etc.

As far as rock goes, there's some "snobs" out there who don't like surround as a format because it's "gimmicky" and it tears apart the stereo mix that they worked so hard to perfect. Some of them don't like the "in the middle of the band" sound. So, some rockers are not sold on the surround movement.

Musicians who deal with heavy drum machines, a lot of keyboards and a lot of sound samples don't seem to have the same concerns about surround. Perhaps I could point to the fact that the studio albums are usually not played by a live band and there's a lot of programming going on.

So, that brings me to Destiny's Child's "Destiny Unfulfilled." This album makes really good use of the rear speakers. DC has a lot of interplay vocals going on in the rear speakers. This is what I hoped a lot of Top 40 albums could sound like in 5.1.

This disc gets docked points for only being in Dolby Digital, but then again, I doubt it would sound any better with DTS or even MLP. And it gets more points docked for sophomoric songs like "Cater 2 U" (wow, what happened to women's lib?) and "T-Shirt" (yours, not theirs).

If you like Destiny's Child and you like surround sound then this is a must-buy. I can't see people who don't like Destiny's Child buying this, even with a good surround mix.

Back