Quad LP/Tape Poll Moody Blues, The: To Our Children's Children's Children [Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "To Our Childern's Children's Children"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Original 7 entry #4, late '69.

Side 1:

1. Higher And Higher
2. Eyes Of A Child I
3. Floating
4. Eyes of A Child II
5. I Never Thought I'd Live To Be A Hundred
6. Beyond
7. Out And In

Side 2:

1. Gypsy
2. Eternity Road
3. Candle Of Life
4. Sun Is Still Shining
5. I Never Thought I'd Live To Be A Million
6. Watching And Waiting

Attachments

• Moody TOCCC A.gif
    Moody TOCCC A.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 501
I really like most of the Moody Blues Quads. All 10's to me except Days of future past. Can't wait to hear rhe SACD.:banana:

Although I had heard the Q8, I never thought of that format as "high fidelity". It took hearing this album on SACD to really appreciate the mix and the overall sound. The SACD was a revelation. All the subtleties that the tape could never convey were loud and clear on the SACD. It's the ONLY way to hear this great album.

It probably sounds richer, especially on the reel. As Steve Hoffman has pointed out, there's a tendency by mastering engineers to knock the bass down a bit(just as there is the tendency to spike the upper mids or highs a little at times). Why they do it is beyond me.

ED :)

jaybird100 said:
Depends on your system. I get great bass from the SACD, even without the subwoofer. The SACD does reveal more detail and nuances than the tape, especially the Q8.
how do you feel the sacd compares to the reel?

Pretty close. I think the SACD is quieter in terms of tape noise; all you hear is what was on the master tape rather than having it compounded by the tape you're playing. The fidelity is excellent on both tape and SACD.

Back