Quad LP/Tape Poll Doobie Brothers: Toulouse Street[CD-4/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Toulouse Street"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Their breakthrough album on WB from 1972, template for the sound to follow until the annoying Michael McDonald came along...:cool:

Side 1:

1. Listen To The Music
2. Rockin' Down The Highway
3. Mamaloi
4. Toulouse Street
5. Cotton Mouth

Side 2:

1. Don't Start Me To Talkin'
2. Jesus Is Just Alright
3. White Sun
4. Disciple
5. Snake Man

I really like this album, i would rate a 10 in stereo. So in Quad it sounds even better. The Quad mix is great, as are all the Doobie Brothers Quad mixes. SUPER. A 10.

It would be great if WMG would release all of the Doobies' back catalog as DVD Albums, with multichannel sound. They're all great.

I REALLY wish they would also, I would buy them in an instant. Hopefully someday.

Gotta agree here... Great album... Great mix!!! All the Doobie quads are exceptional.

This is probably the Doobies album I like best.(y)
The quad mix is very radical. I found, on some tracks (like the 1st), the bass guitar is in the rears. That is something that you don't come across often.

Though I agree with the remark about Michael McD, I know others think the oposite. To each his own.

I don't rate this one as high as 'Captain'. That one is really how a CD-4 should have been done! I love Toulouse Street in stereo, but the quad mix, eh. Not terrible, not great. 8 on strength of music and an OK mix.

There's a track where someone is getting ready to sing, burps. Never noticed til I singled out one of the rear channels while testing.

Gotta be my fave album by the Doobies. Really great song output and for the most part, a really nice Quad mix. If I were to pick at it though, I don't like how for many of the songs, the drums are mixed in front left with either drum echo or the occasional tom-tom tap in the right. Pretty sure they recorded the drums to three or more tracks as they had 16-track at their disposal. That's about all I can say bothers me about this album. A Very Good 8.

10. Truly awesome!!
260922175226.jpg

This gets a 10 from me. Disciple is a KILLER song, such a cool riff.

Back