BluRay Music Video Poll Jero, Alexander - JAZZ STANDARDS [HD-DVD DTS-HD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the HD-DVD of Alexander Goldberg Jero - JAZZ STANDARDS

• 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez Music HD-DVD!! (y):phones(n)

Also, please post what kind of equipment you used to listen to this presentation.

THANKS

:-jon

Attachments

• Jazz Standards.jpg
    Jazz Standards.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Jazz Standards Back.jpg
    Jazz Standards Back.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 285
This is an impressive release. The first track is killer, and it's hard to tell that its all electronic music until you hear the horns in track 4.

The surround presentation is spread across the front channels with heavy use of the center channel, while the rears handle the percussion and some solo instruments. It's not as aggressive a surround mix as "Uncommon Bach", but the mix is more appropriate here for this type of music. One of the nice things about these discs is that they will play continuously, so in a party atmosphere, you can just leave it on and let it roll.

To accompany the music, there are high resolution widescreen images of cities throughout the world, many of them taken at night. Some are spectacular, and all are interesting. I was wondering if Alexander took these himself. They are so good that folks sat and watched the monitor guessing where each pitcure was taken as the party conversations went on.

Of course, you need an HD-DVD player to play this disc, but with players appearing in stores for under $100, it's getting to the point where it's worth giving the format a shot if you have the proper video equipment to appreciate it.

The HD-DVD format (as well as Blu-Ray) may end up being the surround music delivery system of the future, but it has most of the limitations of the previous HiRez music formats. No auto players, requires special home players, poor consumer awareness. It's destined to be a niche thing for a while at least. However for those that take the plunge, this is an excellent disc to begin with.

I was wondering if Alexander took these himself. They are so good that folks sat and watched the monitor guessing where each pitcure was taken as the party conversations went on.

I wish I did John, It was actually my wife's idea about cityscapes images, but I and Jason from HDpost had a great time working on these visuals.

Greatly appreciated for giving attention to my work. More HD DVD Surround Music Titles are on the way. I will keep you posted.

Alexander

Back