Music DVD Poll Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor. Cashing in on the reunion.

• 1 - Forget it & stick to the original Vinyl

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & Observations on this new 2-Disc edition.
To quote the retailers:
Rock's premier metalmen Led Zeppelin, whose blend of gutsy blue and scathing rock catapulted them into the music world's pantheon, take you on a spellbinding journey of song and imagination. This high-impact movie captures the group's legendary 1973 Madison Square Garden concert and uncorks a freewheeling mix of scenes showing group members at home and in elaborate fantasy settings.

Robert Plant's raw lead vocals, Jimmy Page's explosive riffery and the sonic-boom rhythm wall of bassist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham all swirl, clash and collide - on classic tunes like Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love and many others. No one goes down heavier than Zep!

Attachments

• 3477397x.jpg
    3477397x.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Well, this one seems to go down about as well as the name of the band implies - or at least the possibly apocryphal origins of it.
I actually like this disc a lot.
The remastered & remixed versions really have improved the original quite substantially, and as this can now be bought for £5 delivered from Play.com, it really is a "must-buy" title.
The sole reason it doesn't get the "10" from me is because I just do not now - and never did - understand the thinking behind the "fantasy" scenes. Why does it open up with almost 10 minutes of gangsters shooting each other?
The music excels though - right from the opener "Rock N Roll" - this album kicks ass.

The bonus disc is also well worth the inclusion, with lots of goodies including:
Celebration Day (Cutting Copy)
Over The Hills & Far Away
Misty Mountain Hop
The Ocean
plus interviews & various other footage.

Well worth getting, IMHO - although I suspect I will extract just the songs to a DTS-CD at one point.....

If someone releases a concert DVD without the psychadelic wankery I'd be interested, until then I'll await Neils DTS rip:cool:

Cheers

Martin

I want to love this very badly. But every time I listen to it I am disappointed. It is small and compressed and un-epic in every way the band was not. I bought the Bluray audio version and no joy there. Either a weak job recording or degraded tapes.

Back