Quad LP/Tape Poll DeVaughn, William: Be Thankful For What You Got[Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Be Thankful For What You Got"

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so all-around

• 1: This crap is Quad?

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Thanks to our humble Administrator for linking the eBay auction(went for $31, which *might* be a bit low, given this is, IMO, an uncommon title as Q8's go). This 1974 Lp had the #1 R&B/#4 Pop title hit, and two more chart songs.

Side 1:

1. Be Thankful For What You Got
2. Sing A Love Song
3. You Can Do It
4. We Are His Children

Side 2:

1. Give The Little Man A Great Big Hand
2. Blood Is Thicker Than Water
3. Kiss And Make Up
4. Something's Being Done

ED :)

Even rarer! :phones

Attachments

• willdev.jpg
    willdev.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 169
No kidding! You're talkin' hen's teeth there...:D

It's an interesting Quad title, if for no other reason than the Roxbury label was not owned by RCA, but RCA did manufacture and distribute it--and probably the only reason DeVaughn's album was issued in Quad was because of that, and the title hit was a million-seller(the other two singles did well on the soul charts, but not Pop, which is why DeVaughn is considered a one-hit wonder of sorts. He only had one more top forty soul entry, in 1980, for the TEC label).

Good, loose funk, but overall, doesn't grab you like Earth, Wind & Fire or the Ohio Players, who put out some great Quad albums during this time. Regrettably, this is a Q title I don't own, and missed my chance to snipe it today(forgot, plain'n'simple, sigh). Congrats to the lucky bloke who won! :)

ED :)

Back