A few matrix quad CDs I know of...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan Hicks And His Hot Licks--Striking It Rich! QS. The LP was in QS only. CD decodes great into SQ, however (the RM portion of my Lafayette LR-5000 is on the fritz).
Procol Harum--Delicato (bootleg CD of the 1973 Grand Hotel tour King Biscuit broadcast). SQ.

Hey Larry,
Do you personally have a copy of that Procol Harum CD? I'd love to hear that one.

George

Yes I do, but, unfortunately, I have no way to send files as this computer is at my job. Sorry. If you lived here in NYC, we might have been able to do something, but it looks like you're a couple of thousand miles away!

Wendy is not terribly clear on the matter. After reading through the various references to Sonic Seasonings on her website, here is what I was able to surmise:

1. Both an SQ and stereo version of the album was released.
2. Wendy hated the SQ decoding of the album, so she requested that it be withdrawn and Sony agreed.
3. The stereo version of the recording is "almost quad" and was produced using some custom encoding based on RM circuitry.

So, it would seem that if you have a copy of the LP with the SQ logo, you have a rare bird! My guess is the CD was produced with the "regular" stereo master but decodes wonderfully because of the "almost quad" RM encoding.

This, of course, assumes that all the info on Wendy's website is accurate...

Looks like I'm not the first person to try and go down this rabbit hole

Back