ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2nd CD is in mono...same songs...just in mono...

With a few alternate takes added as well.

BTW, the 180g Vinyl edition just received a rave review at Amazon [2 disc vinyl set]

5.0 out of 5 starsTruly spectacular! 180 gram vinyl.
October 19, 2018
Format: VinylVerified Purchase
Have owned this album in various formats for at least 30 years. But, man, this 60th anniversary release tops them all. Gorgeous vinyl re-release on 2 wax platters sounds phenomenal with equally beautiful cover art/packaging. Superb.

Last edited:
I never knew what this song was about...after 2 albums the Band lost 3 members within a year...1 was fired due to drugs and 2 died...the death of band founder James Honeyman Scott at 25 affected Chrissie Hynde and she dedicated this song to him...she was 3 months pregnant at the time but was determined to carry on with the band...and she used a series of session musicians...I don't think she has ever gotten enough credit...and for me she has one of those unique voices...I love her voice...

Does anyone think the mono tracks are a must-have? It’s not much more $ but I usually don’t get mono, not sure it’s worth the price.

The newly remixed Stereo version, IMO, is sufficient. Sinatra's vocals have NEVER been more lustrous. If you want some outtakes, alternate takes, etc. along with the MONO version, that's YOUR call! I only paid $8.50 delivered from Deep Discount when they had their recent 15% off sale for the 2018 remastered Stereo version.

LAMAR, after running the treadmill for 48+ Hours:

depositphotos_27607565-Small-tri-color-calico-kitten.jpg

Now do I get my Pet Sounds, Year of the Cat and Cat Scratch Fever MIXTAPE, Gene?

Last edited:
e6ae54577ea0d403ff8df3ae474f6e76.jpg

If anyone has doubt about the immense talent of The Beach Boys...just get Audio Fidelity...quality is over the top.

EDIT - oops, as Clint said....Analogue Productions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back