ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some of the hippie songs of the 60's..... the 70's were ushered in by some Hard Rock...and Sabbath was the driving force early in the 70's..it certainly caught the attention of a young kid in rural Illinois when he heard them...young Gos was captivated...and his inner torch was ignited

Killing me....but you are right. They did grab me by the balls......and no turning back. :)

I watched most of a concert on AXS tv today with Van The Man and a Jazz ensemble with this cat....Joey DeFrancesco on a Hammond Organ...man this guy is awesome...if you like jazz...check him out...it's kind of weird seeing Van do Jazz...but a man has gotta eat....he's got a nice lineup....venue was in Marpow's neighborhood...San Francisco Jazz Center..

Well, I survived my son's wedding and reception last night. Some observations and or stories....

The preacher, while going through the vows, misidentified both my son and his bride. I mean, complete fuck up....really??
It was absolutely freezing cold, with brisk north winds blowing around 30 mph along with snow/sleet/showers...during outdoor pics.
We went through $4200 worth of alcohol from 6pm-11pm. Yes, GOS had to pay for that.
Around 10pm, multiple bottles, etc...dropped and shattered on the dance floor. Drunk idiots......
GOS, being the 56 year old guy seemed to be a favorite with the girls. Pre-teen girls that is.....I "danced" more during that time than in my whole life I'm sure. And...today I am sore.

The music they play sucks. Club type stuff, played way too loud. GOS demanded they not do any stupid macarena shit or line dancing or any of that crap that I despise. Luckily, my son felt the same and agreed. :)

All in all, a wonderful day, albeit, very long day......fun was had by all.

And.....you can see my 4 seats for tonight's REO Speedwagon show.....

1541882313318.png

I know there is not much love on here for Motown music...or soul music in general...but I had to have some of that music this morning...Diana Ross is 74 now and she's still active....she scored a number one hit on Billboards Top Dance Chart with this song and she's going to perform a song from her upcoming Christmas album at this Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Parade November 22nd...

At first blush I thought..."oh man..Gos has really lost it...he's rented some wheelchairs just to get closer to the stage"....then I saw the row D seats...whew...glad I was wrong

Clint, you remind me of my wonderful 47 y.o. husband. Last month, we saw/heard Joan Baez on her final tour. Joe commented that she got a standing ovation from everyone who COULD stand up!

He says he would have died from exhaustion if he knew me at 47. He has trouble keeping up now. He's already a codger.

My Mom was a Codgerette! (We're all codgers on this bus!)

Last edited:
Clint, you remind me of my wonderful 47 y.o. husband. Last month, we saw/heard Joan Baez on her final tour. Joe commented that she got a standing ovation from everyone who COULD stand up!

He says he would have died from exhaustion if he knew me at 47. He has trouble keeping up now. He's already a codger.

My Mom was a Codgerette! (We're all codgers on this bus!)

Looks like your hubby just got a year older in a matter of a few minutes...from 46 to 47o_O

Back