ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those just happen to be listed (and sold) as Sealed New copies, and if they turn out to not be..... then that's between buyer and ebay / PayPal dispute.

But for the good of the conversation we should sssume what we see is what we get. I mean unless you just like arguing with me here.

Quicksrt appraisal was rather spot on - if completed sales are a true indicator.

First of all the examples you provided from past sales AREN'T new...and they AREN'T listed as Sealed New copies....that notation beside new(other)indicates they are USED....that should be obvious to someone who sells on Ebay...so your comparison/appraisal isn't valid....but the bigger problem is one of value...I never said I think the Aretha title is worth the current asking prices...that's where I don't think you understood me...I only stated the CURRENT market prices...if you want to buy something now you have to buy from the existing available inventory....you can study the trends as much as you like...but at the end of the day if you want to buy now...those are the prices you must consider..

I'm done with this conversation...but it is interesting that when you converse in the 3rd person(to commend yourself )your online persona get's a capital letter in front of "it's" name🤣

Publicity shot, December 1968 in London. :)

Just ripped my vinyl of The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints. It's a reissue from Sundazed Records and they do a great job....

foobar2000 1.4.3 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2019-04-09 17:55:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: The Strawberry Alarm Clock / Incense And Peppermints
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -2.42 dB -17.11 dB 8:23 01-The World's On Fire
DR13 -3.57 dB -18.57 dB 1:52 02-Birds In My Tree
DR13 -3.00 dB -19.17 dB 3:17 03-Lose To Live
DR12 -3.91 dB -17.92 dB 3:00 04-Strawberries Mean Love
DR12 -3.54 dB -18.31 dB 3:08 05-Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow
DR13 -2.60 dB -18.87 dB 2:06 06-Paxton's Back Street Carnival
DR13 -3.28 dB -18.41 dB 2:24 07-Hummin' Happy
DR12 -3.38 dB -18.02 dB 1:22 08-Pass Time With Sac (Instrumental)
DR11 -3.44 dB -16.80 dB 2:52 09-Incense And Peppermints
DR13 -3.52 dB -19.38 dB 4:18 10-Unwind With The Clock

Number of tracks: 10
Official DR value: DR12

Samplerate: 96000 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 1281 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Ok here goes.....been listening to Frank Zappa “In New York” 40th Anniversary 5 CD Tin Box Set.....and what can I say?!
Well even though I’m not a HARD-CORE Zappa fan.....this set sounds ASTOUNDING/OUTSTANDING/AMAZING and ABSOLUTELY FUNNY.....Very entertaining.
Comes highly recommended!!:QQlove

I AM a HARD-CORE Zappa fan. This set is great. I have the original vinyl LP (which disk 1 represents) and the Barking Pumpkin double CD which included extra songs. I love hearing the different takes of the same songs. I was at one of these shows but don't remember which one. :D

First time I've seen it.
There are a ton of Led Zeppelin groups on FB I've joined most of them as well as there are tons of excellent live recordings available to listen to on YouTube.....I can also recommend a couple of AMAZING books both which came out for Zeps 50th Anniversary.....which have every known show they ever played as well as their set lists.....if interested let me know😀

Just ripped my vinyl of The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints. It's a reissue from Sundazed Records and they do a great job....===
Not sure if you’ve read about the Sundazed mono Beefheart scandal or not? But there have been several releases from this label that turned out to be not from the master tapes but vinyl drops with CD Franken-stitched in for clean fade-outs, etc.

Anyway the Sundazed Dylan monos pale in comparison to the big mono box on Columbia (I compared them on a $25,000 system).

Anyway a few rare albums they have done are truly remarkable, and not duds.

But back to dropping or ripping, I was holding off on doing my Nautilus half-speed mastered LPs until I got a warmer cartridge (never do EQ or DSP on digital). I did one 10 years ago, Earl Klugh - “Crazy on You” (only 16/44.1) and just got around to listening to it (in full) last Sunday. I sold the test pressing off and needle dropped it just before packing it up and shipping it off. So it was a quick rush job.

But, stunning punchy and transparent sound quality - I am amazed at that one. I’m now inspired to do the other (Mint, unplayed, or NM) Nautilus “SuperDiscs” I have in the collection. I’m doing these at 24/96kHz but of course. I’ve got Doobies, Little Feat, Police, Cars, Ritenour, etc. and then Direct Disc Labs: Van Morrison, Michael Franks, Who, etc.

That’s not including 50 odd MFSL titles mostly NM played once in 1983.

The cool thing is I can drop these to digital without any record cleaning needing to be done. They are really clean copies. No dust or anything, not a finger print to be found.

Time is marching on, time to do them all about now.

Last edited:
WOW! I just stumbled across this old concert on youtube. Iron Maiden at the Beat Club in 1981. For the year, the video and audio are spectacular!! If you're a fan of IM, do check this out.

Obviously, Paul Dianno vocals and Clive Burr on drums. Way too cool....

Absolutely great find, Gene. Man, this was the Iron Maiden I fell in love with. Although Bruce Dickerson and Nicko McBrain are quite good in their own right, Dianno and Burr were the shit!
A/V quality is highly impressive for an '81 show. Only negative is this lame Beat Club audience. Were they force fed qualudes before the show???

WRATHCHILD!!!

J Pupster concedes: it's so utterly exhausting shopping for a turntable these days ....

See the source image

I'd much rather drive on the 405

Last edited:
Back