ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny Rogers - Gideon

1564295010807.jpeg

I found this of interest this morning.

Here's where the jobs are — in one chart
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/her...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Wondering if this is an indication of things to come in the music business?
The last paragraph states:

The information category, however, lost most payrolls last month with a net change of -10,000 jobs. Within the information sector, motion picture and sound as well as telecommunications suffered big jobs losses.

The word “and” can be inclusive or exclusive; is it sound recording for motion pictures or within the stand alone audio/sound industry?
Could also mean, that those types of jobs are being exported out to foreign audio/video workers, like China.

I found this of interest this morning.

Here's where the jobs are — in one chart
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/heres-where-the-jobs-are-in-one-chart.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Wondering if this is an indication of things to come in the music business?
The last paragraph states:

The information category, however, lost most payrolls last month with a net change of -10,000 jobs. Within the information sector, motion picture and sound as well as telecommunications suffered big jobs losses.

The word “and” can be inclusive or exclusive; is it sound recording for motion pictures or within the stand alone audio/sound industry?
Could also mean, that those types of jobs are being exported out to foreign audio/video workers, like China.

But they never list the best job of them all...RETIREMENT!!! A highly underrated profession...You get to listen to lots of stuff in surround sound all day long if you want.

But they never list the best job of them all...RETIREMENT!!! A highly underrated profession...You get to listen to lots of stuff in surround sound all day long if you want.
Yes, retirement is great; but, (always a but); plenty of everyday life crap that interferes with that ideal; i.e. (honey dues, yard work, house maintenance paying bills, financials, health issues, cooking/clean-up, grocery shopping etc., etc.) Sounds exciting huh ;)

Last edited:
A program I watched last night just blew me away; it was a recent recording I made on the Starz channel of a show called:
"Blue Note Records: Beyond The Notes" check it out here!
Sold Out in Minneapolis tonight! I'll try to find a broadcast of it somewhere. Thanks for the rec! Love me some Blue Note!

Back