An old thing I found - Off Duty '77

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the next year, '78, sadly, I had sold off the last of my Quad equipment. I knew no one that had any quad equipment, or was even interested in it. But my roommate agreed to buy my big Kenwood to help me out and the deal was done.
Years came and went.
One day I discovered QQ and that was the beginning of the revolution for me.
Thanks again, Jon.

I miss my QRX-9001 :cry:

Me, too. Did not have the funds to have the blessed beast repaired. Wanted to keep it alive so sold it to a fellow quaddie for $100. The unit was in excellent visual condition and likely easily-repairable to those with the skills and talent I do not possess. So, the beloved beast surely lives on providing pleasure to a fellow human somewhere upon this spinning orb.

By the next year, '78, sadly, I had sold off the last of my Quad equipment. I knew no one that had any quad equipment, or was even interested in it. But my roommate agreed to buy my big Kenwood to help me out and the deal was done.
Years came and went.
One day I discovered QQ and that was the beginning of the revolution for me.
Thanks again, Jon.
I think that many people did what you did, get out of quad as it was dying out. For myself that would of been even more reason to keep and treasure what I had, and also to pick up deals from others! I have never been one to follow the crowd.

I think that many people did what you did, get out of quad as it was dying out. For myself that would of been even more reason to keep and treasure what I had, and also to pick up deals from others! I have never been one to follow the crowd.
Well I didn't want to....but a situation arose where I needed money. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Back