Anathema-Distant Satellites(some mixed by Steven Wilson) June 9

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Just saw this, does anyone know if they did a 5.1 mix, I sure hope so.

http://www.kscopemusic.com/2014/03/28/anathema-announce-details-new-album-confirm-uk-acoustic-shows/

Anathema return in June with distant satellites, their brand new studio album.
Due to be released on 9th June via Kscope, distant satellites is the highly anticipated follow up to 2012’s Weather Systems, recorded at Cederberg Studios in Oslo, with producer Christer-André Cederberg.
The beautifully ethereal artwork was created by Korean new media artist Sang Jun Too and based around his ‘Distant Light’ Installation
The band released a statement on their new album:
“distant satellites is the culmination of everything Anathema been working up to so far in our musical path. It contains almost every conceivable element of the heartbeat of Anathema music that it is possible to have.
There is beauty, intensity, drama, quietude, and extra musical dimensions that the band have previously only hinted at. All built on the song writing chemistry of Daniel, John and Vincent ~ and the haunting voice of Lee Douglas.
Produced and mixed once again by our very own Christer-André Cederberg (Weather Systems, Universal) and with some songs also mixed by the unassailable Steven Wilson, It’s a special and unique release for the band.
ANATHEMA hopes the fans get as much joy from listening to and feeling the music as we did in creating it.”

Great news,

here the content of the deluxe edition

Anathema (Distant Satellites) Deluxe Edition

PRE-ORDER – Shipped w/c 09/06/2014

This product is available as a preorder item and will be shipped to you week commencing 09/06/2014. You will be charged for this purchase when you checkout. If you order a pre-order item and regular items they will be shipped to you when all the items are available.
ALL COPIES WILL COME WITH AN EXCLUSIVE SIGNED POSTCARD BY THE BAND

1 Lucky customer will receive a signed 1 off handwritten lyric sheet signed by the band in their order

3 Disc Deluxe 44 page hardback book in rigid slipcase (CD, DVD-V, DVD)

Featuring studio album, 5.1 / hi-res stereo & Making Of distant satellites DVD all housed in 44 page heavyweight hardback book

Track Listing
01. THE LOST SONG part 1
02. THE LOST SONG part 2
03. DUSK (dark is descending)
04. ARIEL
05. THE LOST SONG part 3
06. ANATHEMA
07. YOU'RE NOT ALONE
08. FIRELIGHT [instrumental]
10. TAKE SHELTER

09_Deluxe_Edition.jpg

Mediabook edition:

Anathema (Distant Satellites) Media Book Edition

PRE-ORDER – Shipped w/c 09/06/2014

This product is available as a preorder item and will be shipped to you week commencing 09/06/2014. You will be charged for this purchase when you checkout. If you order a pre-order item and regular items they will be shipped to you when all the items are available.
ALL COPIES WILL COME WITH AN EXCLUSIVE SIGNED POSTCARD BY THE BAND

1 Lucky customer will receive a signed 1 off handwritten lyric sheet signed by the band in their order

CD + 5.1 / hi-res stereo DVD-V with 24 page booklet

Track Listing
01. THE LOST SONG part 1
02. THE LOST SONG part 2
03. DUSK (dark is descending)
04. ARIEL
05. THE LOST SONG part 3
06. ANATHEMA
07. YOU'RE NOT ALONE
08. FIRELIGHT [instrumental]
10. TAKE SHELTER

11_Media_CD_Edition.jpg

"Featuring studio album, 5.1 / hi-res stereo"
Does that mean only the stereo is hi-res? I've sent an email to the Anathema Webstore asking for clarification.

It is also described as a DVD-V, which probably means the 5.1 is in DD or DTS only, which is disappointing. Perhaps there is still time to persuade them to do a DVD-AV, or to offer a hi-res download like they did for Weather Systems. Let us know what they say!

Hopefully they've learnt from last time...

Although the FLAC download was quite nice...

I sent them a question about this too, lets see what comes out of this.

Received an answer,

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your email.

We simply run the store on behalf of the band, but we have forwarded your question to the management team at O-Merch and will hopefully have some more information on this soon.

Kind Regards,
Customer Service

Not much at the moment, but at least they are looking into this.

Thanks for the info Robert. I was already planning on mailing them with a similar question.

I love Anathema...

Pity its a Japan import only, but at least its not buried in a box set...

I like Anathema alot as well. I have the cd\dvd on order, its really strange as kscope seems to put out dvda and bluray of many of their artists and not sure why such weird stuff happening with Anathema as they have put out dvda,dvdv and bluray's and this release is dvdv except for Japan its a bluray, strange in deed. Sure wish this was a dvda so I could put listen in the car as well.

Let us know how it sounds and compares to the dvdv if I understand correctly you are getting both.

I like Anathema alot as well. I have the cd\dvd on order, its really strange as kscope seems to put out dvda and bluray of many of their artists and not sure why such weird stuff happening with Anathema as they have put out dvda,dvdv and bluray's and this release is dvdv except for Japan its a bluray, strange in deed. Sure wish this was a dvda so I could put listen in the car as well.

Let us know how it sounds and compares to the dvdv if I understand correctly you are getting both.

FYI - I've only ordered the blu-ray... I'll let everyone know what I
think...

They've been through a few 5.1 mixers also.... Steven Wilson, Jakko and now Jens Borgen...

My blu-ray version of this from Amazon Japan has shipped..:banana:

Hopefully the Jens Borgen mix is good...

Back