Another Norwegian heading for Blu-Ray + SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArnoldLayne

Despite being born less than 400 kilometers from the border of Norway, my perception of the country's music used to be Edward Grieg and a long, dark and void period of time until the appearance of the teen pop duo A-ha. I seem to have been utterly wrong, those guys are on the go! After 2L's pioneering launches there is now a 2nd (?) guy entering the game of Blu-ray + SACD releases. I quote from the website http://www.jienat.com/index.html :

JIENAT RELEASES NEW HI-DEF DISC MIRA

This music is made in the northernmost town on Earth– Hammerfest, Norway, less than 20 lines of latitude from the North Pole. Our recording studio is 150 metres from the edge of the arctic ocean.

Some lyrics are in languages that are spoken by merely 5- 600 persons.

The disc is sold as a twin-pack – one CD/SA-CD that will play in any regular CD player plus providing 2.0 stereo or 5.1 surround in SA-CD players, and one Blu-Ray disc. The Blu-Ray have two options as well: Stereo or 5.1 Surround. Both are in 96KHz/24 bit resolution.

It is apparently the first Blu-ray release outside the classical vein to be recorded in high definition true 5.1 surround sound. It is also one of the ten first releases worldwide on the Pure Audio Blu-Ray format.

There are also some samples available at the website. I've just ordered the album, so I'll hopefully be able to review it soon.

Last edited:
Back