Anti-Shocker Log: QQ Members' All-Time Best Bargain Prices on SACDs & DVDAs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved those Circuit City's $10 cd sales (back when CDs were $17+) they used to have around Christmas time way back in the day that also included SACDs. I picked up 13 Rolling Stones before I had my first Hi Res player :)

Then there were the 62 SACDs and DVDs I picked up at an estate sale for a total of $285. It was a cash only sale and that was all the cash I had and there were literally hundreds left. I wince thinking of the ones "left behind" as I noticed a couple of well known flippers entering as I was leaving. Came back later and all gone. C'est la vie :)

I loved those Circuit City's $10 cd sales (back when CDs were $17+) they used to have around Christmas time way back in the day that also included SACDs. I picked up 13 Rolling Stones before I had my first Hi Res player :)

Then there were the 62 SACDs and DVDs I picked up at an estate sale for a total of $285. It was a cash only sale and that was all the cash I had and there were literally hundreds left. I wince thinking of the ones "left behind" as I noticed a couple of well known flippers entering as I was leaving. Came back later and all gone. C'est la vie :)

Welcome to the forum:woopie

I've noticed many of the profiteers who used to rattle around the forums for rich pickings have skulked off lately, there are one or two left but by and large we are left with the genuine Hi-Res/Surround listeners who are into it for the music rather than the profit-making.. and more power to those people.

Meantime, asolomi, I am glad you made a killing on that estate sale (been there myself and its quite the thrill to get a job lot of booty for a song) and look forward to hearing all your thoughts and reflections on how surround music makes you feel in the near future.

Welcome to QQ :)

Thnx Fred, been lurking here longtime and have bought many a hi res disc based on leads I've seen here (Van Morrison Moondance today as a matter of fact, following a link posted here). The instances I cited are the few and far between great scores. No flipping for me (other than 8 dupes after the estate sale score I unloaded cheap on the local Craigslist), I buy and listen and love hi res.

I <3 Prex.

2016-11-29 23.16.24.jpg

I got the DVD-Audio of Beethoven's 5th and 7th Symphonies (Carlos Kleiber/Berlin Philharmonic) for $28 shipped. Listings of this generally ask at least $100: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beethoven-...er-Philharmoniker-DVD-Audio-RARE/202256146657

In truth, what I got is probably the actual value or even a little higher. The surround mix has been reissued on SACD and blu-ray audio, and it's not clear to me that any of the DVD-Audio listings are actually selling. Low supply doesn't always equal high demand. But still happy to have it for completest purposes.

Back