Arcam AVR390 - Anyone using it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I noticed there’s been a price drop on this unit, down to $1500 from $2500. I need to update my aging Marantz SR7007 anyway and this looks like a good bargain. Is it, or should I be looking at something else in this price range? I’m posting it here because I want to eventually convert my 7.1 setup to Atmos.

I went ahead and purchased the Arcam AVR390 and it’s been great! It’s the base of a 5.1.4 Atmos setup, with an Emotiva A-150 to power two of the height speakers. The 390 can only do up to 5.1.2 on it’s own. I’m really impressed by the Dirac Live software that Arcam uses. This is by far the best my system has ever sounded.

Reactions: GOS
I noticed there’s been a price drop on this unit, down to $1500 from $2500. I need to update my aging Marantz SR7007 anyway and this looks like a good bargain. Is it, or should I be looking at something else in this price range? I’m posting it here because I want to eventually convert my 7.1 setup to Atmos.
Congrats on your purchase! I see Crutchfield has it still for $2500. Wow where did you find a deal for $1500?

I can't tell how it sounds on the web but it sure looks great!

Back