Audacity export problems...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have an issue with Audacity. I just moved to using a different Mac as my main machine and as such downloaded the current version of Audacity. I've noticed a bunch of small differences, but one big one... I cannot export multichannel FLAC files. Instead of the screen during the export process that confirms what tracks go to what channels, I get a message that the tracks will be down mixed to mono. Anyone know what's up with this?

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 18.15.17.png

So I have an issue with Audacity. I just moved to using a different Mac as my main machine and as such downloaded the current version of Audacity. I've noticed a bunch of small differences, but one big one... I cannot export multichannel FLAC files. Instead of the screen during the export process that confirms what tracks go to what channels, I get a message that the tracks will be down mixed to mono. Anyone know what's up with this?

Go into the import/export menu under preferences and select "use advanced mixing options."

Audacity Preferences.jpg

Back